• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OMB confessions

mp170.6

did anyone post on the Angels team board before MLB took over in 2001 I think? I actually remember a few names from there... LT, line, gg, vernster. For those of you wondering, LT and line loved a good old internet confrontation back then too. 

I did. My username was heyarnold. I think I was 10 years old.

• 3 years later...
On 12/17/2013 at 11:12 PM, DowningRules said:

Some 'great' memories in this thread.

I remember Nugs well from the ESPN board and he basically was the motivator for the creation of AngelsWin.  I think it was Nugs who kept over running the ESPN board in its final days and LightTheHalo and I kept posting and posting, essentially drowning out every post Nugs made.  He got pissed off and was really frustrated.  Every time he would post something, LTH and I would follow up with a whole bunch of posts that would push Nugs stuff down. 

Audi dude ("Was Jesus an ass birth?") was amazing.  I kept reading his posts over and over, trying to make sense of it.  How in the hell does someone -- anyone! -- put those words together?

There was one dude who signed every post with something like "Papa Love."  I asked him to stop signing with that because it creeped me out.  He agreed and stopped.

In the 2002 run, someone would post a bunch of links to newspapers from the opposing team's cities reporting on the previous day's Angel playoff game.  Might've been Chonito.  I loved those...so compact.

And finally, I remember the Steven Shell game.  A remarkable tool, we all went after him.  I can still see his face from when I was at a Spring Training game and he was sitting right behind me.  He was commenting to his friends on every one of Ervin Santana's pitches.  I turned around to get a look at who was this wanna be baseball god and recognized the face immediately.  I will also never forget his brown, too tight 1970s style cord shorts.  Really don't need to keep that visual but it can't ever be unseen.

4 hours ago, calscuf said:

Shit, I guess it's time.

I was audidriver.

Audidriver or Audidude?

Don't know that for a fact...he was a miserable fuck who probably died of his sour disposition.... but it was hinted to be like that... and his family was seeking some kind of reparations..

Haven't given it much thought since I jumped ship back 6-7 years ago.

On 12/19/2013 at 2:42 PM, Chuckster70 said:

He posted in there quite a bit, but had 3 nervous breakdowns as a result. After the third breakdown, he vowed to never post in there again.

Holy shit...he had nervous breakdowns? Now I feel bad, because I would intentionally try and goad him into LosIng his ShiT.

I was alhraboskysmustache and limited much of my posting to egging on Lifetime about the LAA name change.  Went on for months.  I would  wait for the topic to flag and rephrase an already used argument to spin him up.  If he wasn't a lawyer, he should have been.  He was a one man Maginot Line.

On December 17, 2013 at 11:42 AM, calscuf said:

I always feel like an absolute douche at functions when I introduce myself as "Mark" and then when I'm asked what my name on here is, I quietly say "calscuf" so my sister and now wife don't think I'm a total dork.

You married your sister? 

White people....

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2013 at 7:20 AM, Blarg said:

That was around the time I joined the board and Vic was trying to get people to silent boycott Lee. When I first started Lee was almost likeable but as time went on he decided that playing the angry old geezer was his thing.

That's when I did a series of these for HaloHaven that a few of the members may remember.

LeePotterhighres.jpg

That was Fozzy's short lived board? I have that entire collection somewhere on one of my old external drives.

It was hilarious.

For some reason memories of Lee are flooding back, maybe it's that picture.

There was a gal from the Eureka area who was disabled ex-military that Lee pissed off enough that she went to his "boweling" alley with some friends with the intention of teaching him a lesson. When she saw how pathetic he was in person she just walked away.

He had published dozens of books, but all of his manuscripts and his many magazine articles were destroyed in a flood in his Anaheim basement.

His son ran a gas station.

He'd never actually been to an Angel game, but always wanted to go to one.

Lee and his "much younger" wife dined at Red Lobster at least once a week.

1 hour ago, Homebrewer said:

For some reason memories of Lee are flooding back, maybe it's that picture.

There was a gal from the Eureka area who was disabled ex-military that Lee pissed off enough that she went to his "boweling" alley with some friends with the intention of teaching him a lesson. When she saw how pathetic he was in person she just walked away.

He had published dozens of books, but all of his manuscripts and his many magazine articles were destroyed in a flood in his Anaheim basement.

His son ran a gas station.

He'd never actually been to an Angel game, but always wanted to go to one.

Lee and his "much younger" wife dined at Red Lobster at least once a week.

joe-flaherty-autographed-happy-gilmore-8

I remember Jack Daly (he picked his screen name from his Marine Corps buddy that died in Vietnam) used to hate Lee in the worst way. He would call him a commie sympathiser and rake his ass over the coals every chance he got. 

Jack, himself, was a pleasant guy otherwise. We swapped fishing stories and he was a sincere family man that attended a lot of games. His wife posted he had passed away using his account one day. I felt I lost a good friend that I never met in person.

There was a guy on the board, Omar, that went by the screename Retard Detector, and he actually met Lee after he claimed to have been in a car accident. I can't remember but I think they met at a Denny's and Omar took a picture of Lee with his face badly bruised and swollen from the accident. Lee looked nothing like his profile pic everyone knew him by. He looked more like Shrek.