• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OMB confessions

mp170.6

Stephen Smith tried to get me fired, failed. Did get another Angels fan busted on the old LA Times Angels Forum, succeeded (to an extend). John Velick (great guy) had his internet access stripped and was on probation for a year. Stephen Smith was tired of getting challenged (since he was omnipotent) so he found out where John worked and posted pictures of his time on the internet during work hours and got him busted -- even though Stephen (a programmer working for a company) did the same.

Really cannot stand this dude. So glad he's gone and away from Angels baseball.

When I first joined the OMB I came on during a particularly heated exchange between ___ and well, everybody else.  It seemed to me that a bunch of bullies were picking on an old man so I stuck up for him.  Took me about a day and a half to figure things out.

The gold star club was one of the best inventions ever though.  The funniest thing about was that ___ would complain about it all the time even though it was totally made up.

I actually used to talk with Jon quite a bit back in the day. He was a cool dude that knew his booze as he was a distributor. He did kind of just fall off the map. I remember when he stopped posting, but was active on Myspace/Facebook, then stopped with that as well. Good to hear he deleted his account. I always felt bad because when I had my stalker that was causing problems on my Facebook I deleted almost everyone from here as I simply didn't know who it was. I never thought it was him, just deleted everyone.

He always made me laugh because he was a good poster, but his avatar was always some kind of glamor shot of himself.

yeah, i talked with him frequently on facebook, usually about politics. it got to be a burden after a while because as soon as i logged in to FB, if he saw me he would immediately want to chat, and a lot of times i wasn't in the mood - i just wanted to check out the status page and go on my way.

he was a good guy and had a good heart. i liked talking with him (once in a while).

i remember the huge infusion when we all came over from espn, but is aw essentially the culmination of espn and omb?

it seemed like there were a few established heads here when we all came over.

i actually remember chuck chiming in a bit on espn and the idea kind of grew about another board because of the trolls that couldn't be contained. it seemed like the perfect storm and chuck dropped aw and it seemed within a day all the main dudes at espn were now over here.

i remember the huge infusion when we all came over from espn, but is aw essentially the culmination of espn and omb?

it seemed like there were a few established heads here when we all came over.

i actually remember chuck chiming in a bit on espn and the idea kind of grew about another board because of the trolls that couldn't be contained. it seemed like the perfect storm and chuck dropped aw and it seemed within a day all the main dudes at espn were now over here.

Yeah I posted on the ESPN board and LA Times Refugees Board (Delphi Forums) from 1996-2005. The big migration happened in 2006 when the trollage got to be too much. I had just upgraded my forum to Snitz (which at the time was great, much better than ESPN and others). Brian was on vacation in Florida (Angel25Fan was the moderator on ESPN), I posted a link to my new forum (Adam, Victor, Oz and a few others were on there) and over a weekend, nearly 90% of everyone moved from ESPN to AngelsWin.com. Over the next 2-3 years, a good majority of the long time posters at the OMB moved over as well.

totally forgot about that.

there were a bunch of dudes back in the day that were cool to shoot the shit with. jw, coolout, jabroniramone, among others.

That was when the spin forum was at it's best.  Lots of cons and libs at that time.

I miss JWBrown though, was bummed when he left.  He had a good perspective (for a lefty)

That was when the spin forum was at it's best.  Lots of cons and libs at that time.

I miss JWBrown though, was bummed when he left.  He had a good perspective (for a lefty)

JW was mad at me for creating the spin forum. The reason he left. He wanted all the politics/religious discussions to be in the hangout.  

Dang, there are so many better things to be pissed at you about.

:0

I agree. That one was pretty petty. Couldn't wrap my head around it at the time, but he later emailed me when I reached out to him and he said it was mainly because of work, that he was too busy and had limited access to the internet at his workplace.

Yeah I posted on the ESPN board and LA Times Refugees Board (Delphi Forums) from 1996-2005. The big migration happened in 2006 when the trollage got to be too much. I had just upgraded my forum to Snitz (which at the time was great, much better than ESPN and others). Brian was on vacation in Florida (Angel25Fan was the moderator on ESPN), I posted a link to my new forum (Adam, Victor, Oz and a few others were on there) and over a weekend, nearly 90% of everyone moved from ESPN to AngelsWin.com. Over the next 2-3 years, a good majority of the long time posters at the OMB moved over as well.

That's when I moved over, and eventually started populating the GC with gems

Stephen Smith tried to get me fired, failed. Did get another Angels fan busted on the old LA Times Angels Forum, succeeded (to an extend). John Velick (great guy) had his internet access stripped and was on probation for a year. Stephen Smith was tired of getting challenged (since he was omnipotent) so he found out where John worked and posted pictures of his time on the internet during work hours and got him busted -- even though Stephen (a programmer working for a company) did the same.

Really cannot stand this dude. So glad he's gone and away from Angels baseball.

Wow. 

Chuck, I have been wondering lately how long I have been here on AW, was I part of the original 2006 group?

Juan Beniquez was another dude that was cool. I remember him and I used to talk music a lot back in the day when we were both doing band stuff and he would post while on tour

Juan Beniquez and Ernest Riles were both Riley Breckenridge from Thrice all those years. He goes by another name now.

Funny shit, I had no idea. Makes sense though because he was coy and always dodged the band name question(s). Even funnier because Thrice has always been one of my favorite bands and back then no one from the board really knew about them...so I was dropping Thrice to him when him and I would talk bands/music. The convos I remember most were simply that someone else on the board listened to as much obscure and unknown music as I did. Totally makes sense now....in their dvd's, bonus material, and other media he still drops a lot of the bands we used to talk about with regards to inspiration, etc.

That's kind of cool to know.