• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OMB confessions

mp170.6

We were always cool....we both had a comedy/joking vibe. I've never been active in the spin forum, but jump in every now and then. I want to say we were cool, but my point on some subject leaned left and was while I knew it was a joke response, also thought he really thought I was a Lib since it may have been one of tjhe first posts by me, but also that he saw.

I could be wrong as we used to talk politics and news when everything was just one forum.

Him and I were always cool, but his Christmas short story about his creepy co-worker, cock blocking at the bowling alley, and gift exchange where the dude gave him a used copy of The Manchurian Canidate was what sealed it. We would chat and do comedy gigs after that.  

I was only on the OMB for a year or two, mostly just lurked. Funny hearing these names again, although I never really got to know any of them. Except for Lee, he was annoying as heck.

I felt like it was a bunch of babies whining over there, complaining about this and that, he-said-she-said. Once the forum software changed, I came over here. Now its just a bunch of kids whining about everything.

Chuck, thanks for somewhat spamming AW.com over there, that's the only reason how I found my way here.

Some of my favorite ESPN board memories crampknees going off on trolls, and whoever it was that would post the big text-wall middle finger. Cramps used to kill it...

Also remember getting into it with (I think it was) Angelfan25years when Ramon Ortiz was "demoted" to the #3 starter spot. I thought it would benefit him (from a mental standpoint), but apparently I was an idiot, lol, rofl, and all that, and it couldn't possibly make any difference.

Who was the guy who got all riled up and called people pollyanna fans?

I know exactly who you're talking about. I think his name was Halolujah? Or something like that. He'd get really over-the-top with his complaints (even more than AO would).

There was also daygloman. He was awesome!

On a side note, and I always thought this would be hilarious here for the results. But on ESPN in the NFL Forum people would randomly post this link, This link was to a third party site that apparently was a message board archive or database for a ton of message boards. While it stored the history the main thing everyone used it for was kind of like Yelp where you rate and leave comments about posters on the message boards. It was essentially a scoring system for users on the websites. 

I know exactly who you're talking about. I think his name was Halolujah? Or something like that. He'd get really over-the-top with his complaints (even more than AO would).

There was also daygloman. He was awesome!

Halolujah's name was Dave ...oh man, he was something else.  

He was also Halomania

Edited by BaseballMom

Wow, talk about strolling down memory lane.

I remember Brandon's legal troubles with the speeding ticket. I had just started posting on the ESPN board (this is probably in July of 2004) and that is one of my first memories.

I remember the Brea event. There weren't too many in attendance (maybe 15-20)?

Who was it that went ape-shit on crampknees over fantasy baseball?

The most interesting thing about this board, IMO, is that most of the dudes on here are cool as can be in person, even if they can be message board dicks on occasion (like a25fan and YK, for example, are good dudes when you meet them).

Wow, talk about strolling down memory lane.

I remember Brandon's legal troubles with the speeding ticket. I had just started posting on the ESPN board (this is probably in July of 2004) and that is one of my first memories.

Now that you mention it, you're damn close. That car was an '05 that I got in November of '04. I was racing to Vegas for the Supercross Finals....not sure when that is....and totally justifies Cals bro comment. I think I posted the incident some time after, which would be '05. Whenever some dude posted his legal question and I thought it was kosher.

That was around the time I joined the board and Vic was trying to get people to silent boycott Lee. When I first started Lee was almost likeable but as time went on he decided that playing the angry old geezer was his thing.

That's when I did a series of these for HaloHaven that a few of the members may remember.

LeePotterhighres.jpg

I'll admit that I used to like reading Lee and RMunkee's posts.  They were, for the most part, pure comedy and I don't know why people were so annoyed with them.  I never took what they said seriously and just found humor in whatever they posted, even if what they were saying they were serious about.

I'll admit that I used to like reading Lee and RMunkee's posts.  They were, for the most part, pure comedy and I don't know why people were so annoyed with them.  I never took what they said seriously and just found humor in whatever they posted, even if what they were saying they were serious about.

Same here. I liked to play around with him by being nice and agreeing. I remember telling him how sexy I thought he looked on his owl carpet, one time. Hahaha, it all eventually got out of hand and that's how most people ended up here.