• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OMB confessions

mp170.6

8 minutes ago, Brandon said:

is that really lee? i never was on any other board but espn.

that dude in that picture keeps popping up on my "friends you may know" facebook thing and i keep wondering who the fuck that is.

Probably because you both have Angels somewhere in your "likes" list. Even though I'm pretty sure he is deceased, families often leave facebook pages up afterward. Click on it and see if it's him.

Cant remember Lee's last name..

I was always torn as to whether or not Lee was a real person or some guy f'ing around. Either way, I felt bad for him. If he was real, he was a sad and mean old man. If he was a made up character someone was playing, it's sad that he had nothing better to do. 

I remember getting into a dumb argument with Some incarnation of munkee (I think) Spent the entire day on the computer bantering back and forth, baiting each other, trying to outwit the other. Later, I realized it was a colossal waste of time and vowed never to do that again.

On 4/19/2017 at 1:12 PM, Blarg said:

There was a guy on the board, Omar, that went by the screename Retard Detector, and he actually met Lee after he claimed to have been in a car accident. I can't remember but I think they met at a Denny's and Omar took a picture of Lee with his face badly bruised and swollen from the accident. Lee looked nothing like his profile pic everyone knew him by. He looked more like Shrek.

Man, I forgot about that. RD would reply, "Ping! Ping! Ping" to any posts he deemed devoid of intelligence.

On 4/19/2017 at 1:36 PM, Homebrewer said:

Probably because you both have Angels somewhere in your "likes" list. Even though I'm pretty sure he is deceased, families often leave facebook pages up afterward. Click on it and see if it's him.

Cant remember Lee's last name..

Wasn't it Meyers?

I remember someone  posting spoofs of the Die Hard series back then.   Lie Hard.   Lie Harder.   Lie Hardest.   The Lee J. Meyers story 

He was a Philly A's fan way back in the day.

On 4/25/2017 at 10:19 AM, the dude abides said:

Anyone remember yogurtpooh?

He was a fanboy of just one player (I can't remember which one at the moment).

Robb Quinlan. yogurtpooh was annoying at first, but after a while, you came to like him.

This thread has been good for a few yuks. I cant believe you guys remember half this shit. It was such a breath of fresh air to come here from the old Angels.com forums. 

Lee...what can i say about that poor sod that hasn't already been said? He did bring a lot of the harassment on himself, I admit at times it was funny, but also a little sad the way everyone seemed to constantly goad this old fuck into an argument. HA! good times right?

13 minutes ago, Brandon said:

we need troll glaus to come back with his pending free agent sightings. 

There could be some interesting free agents next year.

Donaldson

Kershaw

Machado

Mathis

Harper

Arrieta 

Edited by Lou

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

we need troll glaus to come back with his pending free agent sightings. 

Wasn't that you?

i always thought it was.  Or maybe you pulled something similar on the new board.

back in 08, I remember someone dropping a "Tex Signs!!!" Header on the old aw board.  Open it up, and it was a bunch of Texas road signs.

Good times!

Not really OMB related, but one of my favorite avatars ever was back when there were trade rumors of Halladay possibly heading to Anaheim.  @Adam took a Halladay pic and photoshopped an Angels hat on him.  I mean, he must have spent an entire 10 seconds on this hat, because it looked like something a drunk first grader would have done.  

It was awesome.

19 minutes ago, the dude abides said:

Wasn't that you?

i always thought it was.  Or maybe you pulled something similar on the new board.

back in 08, I remember someone dropping a "Tex Signs!!!" Header on the old aw board.  Open it up, and it was a bunch of Texas road signs.

Good times!

naw, i wasn't troll glaus.

the one i did was back in the day when a bunch of us used to chill off the board and one night we were all out bar hopping. while drinking we were laughing about how crazy this place was going about tex re-signing so we did some shit where we all logged in and posted that tex and torii were hanging out at sharkeez and we were chilling with them. it worked because it was more than one person and everyone was going nuts here asking us to ask them questions and what not. we even timed the responses because we knew people were hitting refresh hopping for us to get any info that he would re-sign. that was a good one.

another one i did that might have copied him (he may not have even done it, but i feel like i got the idea from someone here) was i took a legit espn article about some signing and edited the article so it read like we were signing someone. someone had found the real article or knew it was fake. people were pissed and took it all personal. 

Ha. The Tex story was great.

I remember posting a long pre-World Cup analysis years ago, including breakdowns of several teams' strengths and weaknesses. Everyone was shocked that I was actually a huge soccer fan - and thought it was so cool I had played it off on the board. Someone even PM'd me about it. 

Then someone finally figured out I had just copied & pasted it from BruinsReportOnline. 

Edited by Lou