• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OMB confessions

mp170.6

I had well over 1,000 e-mails to-from Nugs. Even though some people here think I am crazy, I got to know him fairly well. There were a couple posters here (along with me) who would pester him to the point up eruption. I know his life story, which I believe and I brokered a deal with him to go away. One of the conditions was to quit teasing him about Randy Winn. LOL. We got to the point where we agreed to meet in person, but it didn't happen.

Some here will remember his fake suicide and his friend Chris.

I haven't heard from him in years and hope he has reached peace with his mother and family. Steven (his real name) is a smart guy, but had some serious issues after his father committed suicide.

haha, I remember this.

I got it the worst back in the day with all the shot off the board and I totally remember Randy Winn being one of the funniest jokes ever.

Granted, dude was on to me before I started with the Randy Winn trolling.

A douchebag IE Bro pretending to be a tortured, self-hating local OC pseudo-intellectual liberal?  F'ing bravo amigo.  Clap Clap Clap.

Since we are confessing, I am saangels.  If you've met the young man I hired to portray the role in person, his name is Thomas and he currently goes to Cal State Long Beach, he has never smoked pot, and has a lovely wife a two great kids.  Thanks Tom!

The real confession, I suppose, is that I, calscuf, suffer from a split personality disorder.  It's an ailment that I've grappled with in secret for some time.  I used to feel shame, bitterness, and resentment towards God for striking me with this seemingly debilitating condition.  But now I realize that I have nothing to feel sorry about.  On the contrary: both personalities are charismatic, original, and yet, simultaneously, one of a kind.  As I see it, some people have no personality; I have two.  

What's the problem?

Edited by saangels

The move over to the Seattle board in the ESPN days was classic, I remember participating in that. The Seattle fan who was a prick and had mod powers, Phredmojo, anybody remember him? I found out the dude died in a car accident a couple of years ago, pretty sad.

I remember Phredmojo. The dude thought he was god. I'm sorry to hear he died in a car crash though. How did you find out?

I also remember another poster on here passing away in a car accident. His sister was able to post from his account and informed the board. I think he was in Florida or somewhere like that.

I remember Phredmojo. The dude thought he was god. I'm sorry to hear he died in a car crash though. How did you find out?

I also remember another poster on here passing away in a car accident. His sister was able to post from his account and informed the board. I think he was in Florida or somewhere like that.

You might be thinking of when someone (Justin?) faked Victorious Ghost's death.

I googled the name randomly one day and saw a few links. I guess he wasn't wearing his seatbelt. I remember that on the ESPN board, I think the poster name was Pincushion Boy.

Some 'great' memories in this thread.

I remember Nugs well from the ESPN board and he basically was the motivator for the creation of AngelsWin.  I think it was Nugs who kept over running the ESPN board in its final days and LightTheHalo and I kept posting and posting, essentially drowning out every post Nugs made.  He got pissed off and was really frustrated.  Every time he would post something, LTH and I would follow up with a whole bunch of posts that would push Nugs stuff down. 

Audi dude ("Was Jesus an ass birth?") was amazing.  I kept reading his posts over and over, trying to make sense of it.  How in the hell does someone -- anyone! -- put those words together?

There was one dude who signed every post with something like "Papa Love."  I asked him to stop signing with that because it creeped me out.  He agreed and stopped.

In the 2002 run, someone would post a bunch of links to newspapers from the opposing team's cities reporting on the previous day's Angel playoff game.  Might've been Chonito.  I loved those...so compact.

And finally, I remember the Steven Shell game.  A remarkable tool, we all went after him.  I can still see his face from when I was at a Spring Training game and he was sitting right behind me.  He was commenting to his friends on every one of Ervin Santana's pitches.  I turned around to get a look at who was this wanna be baseball god and recognized the face immediately.  I will also never forget his brown, too tight 1970s style cord shorts.  Really don't need to keep that visual but it can't ever be unseen.

I googled the name randomly one day and saw a few links. I guess he wasn't wearing his seatbelt. I remember that on the ESPN board, I think the poster name was Pincushion Boy.

I believe that's who I was thinking of. I don't know how you guys remember these things.

Those were the days, before my kids were born and cut way back on my free time. Had a great time playing some fantasy baseball with red, Kurt, Hubs, Disarcina, among others. Even had a "board meeting" at the stadium, where we got to watch Aaron Sele shut down the Dodgers while police shut down their idiot fans.

The Seattle board takeover was awesome. We actually made just about all of their posters leave, and had the place to ourselves. The weird part was that we all found it in a relatively short period of time. I think I saw a post from "blue 321" on the seattle section of the "main" page, and thought someone was mocking red. Nope. Just red making himself at home.

Edited by Keener

i remember there was day when several of us got together at a BJ's in brea. brian was there for many, many hours and invited whoever wanted to to come on by and have a drink or a pizza or a burger. i didn't get there until late in the day, but got to meet lou, hubs, and a few others. one of the people i met was jon, the guy who used to like to wear dark clothes/sweats all the time, even to summer games at the stadium when it was 95 degrees. i can't remember his screen name, but he was kind of goth and knew a lot about music and political stuff. when he introduced himself, because of his hair cut, i thought he was a chick. we were facebook friends for a while, but he dropped me when he dropped his account. he was always being stalked by someone, or so it seemed to him.

edit: devilbatty was his screen name.

Edited by Tank

i remember there was day when several of us got together at a BJ's in brea. brian was there for many, many hours and invited whoever wanted to to come on by and have a drink or a pizza or a burger. i didn't get there until late in the day, but got to meet lou, hubs, and a few others. one of the people i met was jon, the guy who used to like to wear dark clothes/sweats all the time, even to summer games at the stadium when it was 95 degrees. i can't remember his screen name, but he was kind of goth and knew a lot about music and political stuff. when he introduced himself, because of his hair cut, i thought he was a chick. we were facebook friends for a while, but he dropped me when he dropped his account. he was always being stalked by someone, or so it seemed to him.

Hi first name is John.

Best thing about ___ was someone coining the Die Hard series in his honor (Lie Hard, Lie Harder, Lie Hardest, the ___ story).

He did have some interesting antedocts of the Philly A's.  

But when he basically trashed poster Jack Daly, that was all she wrote.

I lost whatever little respect I had for the guy.

Edited by Angel Oracle

There was one dude who signed every post with something like "Papa Love."  I asked him to stop signing with that because it creeped me out.  He agreed and stopped.

There was a dude on the ESPN boards that would always end his posts with "Big Pimpen" (sic)

I think we made fun of it enough that he stopped. The tie in is this was also the same guy that started the phrase "sick lineup". If I remember correctly it was all in the same post. He noted a sick lineup, posted one, then ended it with big pimpen.

I actually used to talk with Jon quite a bit back in the day. He was a cool dude that knew his booze as he was a distributor. He did kind of just fall off the map. I remember when he stopped posting, but was active on Myspace/Facebook, then stopped with that as well. Good to hear he deleted his account. I always felt bad because when I had my stalker that was causing problems on my Facebook I deleted almost everyone from here as I simply didn't know who it was. I never thought it was him, just deleted everyone.

He always made me laugh because he was a good poster, but his avatar was always some kind of glamor shot of himself.

Just remembered a creepy experience from the OMB.  I started getting e-mails from an anonymous person after posting my e-mail address.

The messages were never signed and the e-mail was AOL so I couldn't see a "From" name, only the e-mail address.  Every one of them said something to the effect of "hey, i got your e-mail address from the Angels board.  Check this out and let me know what you think" ... followed by a link to a profile page on the literotica.com website.  I recognized the username right away as being a chick that posted on the OMB.  The profile featured several erotic stories she wrote. 

No, it wasn't Katie (haha) but judging from her profile pic, this woman is probably 30-35 by now and I think her name started with an M.  I've always wondered if somebody was playing a joke on me, or if she wrote the e-mails herself?

I was never on any of these old ESPN, AOL, MLB boards that you guys are talking about.