• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OMB confessions

mp170.6

RevRobby was the man

I inadvertently pissed him off with some comments I made about ghey people. He was also an atheist and always took exception to my pro God comments. Oh well, you can't please everyone.

Remember Rupert? He and RevRobby were friends and actually attended our '07 Spring Fanfest. Cool guys in person, but sensitive on the board.

Coolout was by far the most positive Angels message board poster.  NEVER a bad word about the Halos.  My guess is he got sick of the rest of our collective negativity.

DevilBat lived in Long Beach, I remember that.  The Brea get together was one of the few i've made.

Coolout still lurks. He got a job that took a lot of time away from his time to post during the day. No idea what happened to DeviBatty. We were friends and used to chat when I worked graveyard at Microsoft years ago. He just disappeared off the face of the earth.

Funny shit, I had no idea. Makes sense though because he was coy and always dodged the band name question(s). Even funnier because Thrice has always been one of my favorite bands and back then no one from the board really knew about them...so I was dropping Thrice to him when him and I would talk bands/music. The convos I remember most were simply that someone else on the board listened to as much obscure and unknown music as I did. Totally makes sense now....in their dvd's, bonus material, and other media he still drops a lot of the bands we used to talk about with regards to inspiration, etc.

That's kind of cool to know. 

Yeah man. You should check out Riley's ProdCast. One of the best Baseball/Music podcasts out there. http://productiveouts.libsyn.com/

There's a ton more that post and lurk here that would really surprise you if you found out who they were.

RevRobby is a weird screenname for an Atheist. Maybe the "Rev" stands for Revocable Trust Robby.

He actually got a ministers liscence just to prove how meaningless they were.  Interesting cat, but I was ok posting with him.  Man, there were a lot more libs posting back when Bush was still president.

I inadvertently pissed him off with some comments I made about ghey people. He was also an atheist and always took exception to my pro God comments. Oh well, you can't please everyone.

Remember Rupert? He and RevRobby were friends and actually attended our '07 Spring Fanfest. Cool guys in person, but sensitive on the board.

Someone who is different in person than they are on the internet?! Noooo wayyy

Yep. Obama was the worst thing that ever happened (to the board). 

Well, it's easier to make fun of the Republican President or those running than it is to defend the Pres. of your choice apparently. 

Though I was told Brian and LT ruined the Political Forum's activity.

Well, it's easier to make fun of the Republican President or those running than it is to defend the Pres. of your choice apparently. 

Though I was told Brian and LT ruined the Political Forum's activity.

Brian rarely posted there so i can't imagine that being the case. 

I remember when Chuck first came to the OMB to promote his newly created AngelsWin site, I flag the hell out of his post as spam and got them deleted.

So ummmm .... yeah.  Sorry about that, Chuck.   =)

That's funny how things have changed. Now you're doing the same thing I used to do but to a greater extent on Social Media.

Stephen Smith tried to get me fired, failed. Did get another Angels fan busted on the old LA Times Angels Forum, succeeded (to an extend). John Velick (great guy) had his internet access stripped and was on probation for a year. Stephen Smith was tired of getting challenged (since he was omnipotent) so he found out where John worked and posted pictures of his time on the internet during work hours and got him busted -- even though Stephen (a programmer working for a company) did the same.

Really cannot stand this dude. So glad he's gone and away from Angels baseball.

He really did that? Wow, I didn't know he was that creepy.

He really did that? Wow, I didn't know he was that creepy.

Oh yeah...Good thing I was in good with my company and busted ass throughout the day or who knows? That was just a few months after I launched AngelsWin.com. Felt bad for John as I met him and his family a year before that incident. He just disappeared for good after that. :( 

Unfortunately another competing blogger tried getting me fired as well in hopes of shutting down AW.com during the 2009 playoffs.

I guess you're doing something good when the competition wants you gone and will do whatever it takes to make it happen, or cripple your ability to do so.

Oh yeah...Good thing I was in good with my company and busted ass throughout the day or who knows? That was just a few months after I launched AngelsWin.com. Felt bad for John as I met him and his family a year before that incident. He just disappeared for good after that. :(

Unfortunately another competing blogger tried getting me fired as well in hopes of shutting down AW.com during the 2009 playoffs.

I guess you're doing something good when the competition wants you gone and will do whatever it takes to make it happen, or cripple your ability to do so.

How did Stephen do all this? 

I'm confused now, did somebody say that angelsgraffitti on the OMB was steven the ballboy?  I don't think that is accurate.

steven the ballboy as in FutureAngels? 

No, they were different people and feuded a lot.  Stephen was very fond of the front office and Bill Stoneman, which angelsgraffiti was not. 

He actually got a ministers liscence just to prove how meaningless they were.  Interesting cat, but I was ok posting with him.  Man, there were a lot more libs posting back when Bush was still president.

Truth.

It was also obscure. I remember Adam thinking I was a Lib and calling me a communist.