• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OMB confessions

mp170.6

Wasn't there an arranged event to see if Lee was real?  I think some people wanted to meet him at a bowling alley

RD (Retard Detector) met him at a Del Taco once.  (Of course it was a Del Taco.  Where all important Angels s**t goes down.)

He posted pictures of him and their meeting.  I was actually amazed Lee ... Oops!   I mean, I was amazed _____ was a real person.

He posted as Halo________ and by his own admission many nights he was not as sober as he should have been.

Then again neither was Victorious Ghost and him and Lifetime on the old Angels website would get into it starting after the game ended and well into the morning hours, each saying they were done and then going right back at it moments later.

Vic admitted to me years later that he had problems with alcohol and gambling so the message boards were an extension of compulsive behavior and he couldn't seem to be able to stop himself from going back to old habits of posting, drinking, posting and more drinking. He finally commited to giving up message boards. Not so sure he has been victorious over the drinking problem.

He posted as Halo________ and by his own admission many nights he was not as sober as he should have been.

Then again neither was Victorious Ghost and him and Lifetime on the old Angels website would get into it starting after the game ended and well into the morning hours, each saying they were done and then going right back at it moments later.

Vic admitted to me years later that he had problems with alcohol and gambling so the message boards were an extension of compulsive behavior and he couldn't seem to be able to stop himself from going back to old habits of posting, drinking, posting and more drinking. He finally commited to giving up message boards. Not so sure he has been victorious over the drinking problem.

Alcohol helps when performing self surgeries. 

Edited by st1ckboy

After 12 years though, I still have never met a single person. I saw LTH at an angel game taking a picture with his family (looked like his daughters birthday) in left field but that was about it. I was not going to walk up and tell him I was STEVESTEVENS.

I loved the SteveStevens guy - the TylerP guy i don't think about.

When guys changed their name over, it really messed me up.

SteveStevens lived in Utah or something, didn't he/you?

Line made that name because on the ESPN board there was every variation of Halo taken.....or if someone was banned that name just fell off and could never be used again. All the Halo names always threw me off.

Agreed with YK on the name changes. Coming back after a long lay off I have no idea who a lot of people are here.

It's funny, I joined in 2003 when I was scouring the internet by the minute looking for anything related to us signing Carlos Beltran. Ended up at ESPN and the psychos there seemed to have better info or at least up to the minute FA stuff, so I joined. I remember lurking for the most part and chiming in a little because it seemed to be a community where people knew each other really well. I liked that people talked about other things as well. I remember someone asked for legal advice and everyone seemed interested and gave generally good advice for that was helpful. I thought that was cool and my first "real" post was around the same time I got a speeding ticket going 120+ (really 150) going to Vegas and did the same kind of legal advice/ what would you do? type post, but got the complete opposite reaction and was bashed to no end...it was comedy. I remember everyone barreling on, but mainly JW leading the charge about how he hoped they threw the book at me, etc.

Good times.

Does anyone know when everyone migrated from ESPN to here? 2004 or 2005?