• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OMB confessions

mp170.6

i knew brian (af25fan) and inside pitch from the old aol boards. we used to get together with super dave and go to opening night every year for a while. super dave was a good guy who was very generous. brian and inside pitch were fun to hang with. on the aol and grandstand boards we were at times pretty relentless in hammering away at the trolls and the tin foil hats.

that old board was losing it's energy so brian invited me to the espn boards and said there were a bunch of good guys there. that eventually led us here. he was, as billy crystal said in the princess bride, mostly right.

inside pitch tried to get me on to the scout board, but i just never connected with the crowd there. i invited him here and he eventually made his way. of all the people i've met online, he's the one i respect the most. his baseball knowledge has always impressed me, and he was the guy that introduced me to sabremetrics. it's a blast going to games with him, too.

Wasn't his name sam something?  If his stories were true, I thought he must have had every STD known to man.

Not sure. I was actually new when he posted it or someone bumped it. I didn't know that dude had other stories, that would be awesome, even if they were fake.

But yeah, dude had to have gotten aids in Brazil.

I thought you were glassJaw?

I actually met the real Jeremy Brown once at an ESPN Angels Board tailgate party at the Big A.

Yeah, I was joking around....and mentioned so a few posts after. He was the only old school dude I remembered well.

But yeah, glassJAw there and initially here until you revamped the site the first time and we had to reregister. By that point we were already doing softball games, meeting up for beers or games, etc. and it just felt lame to meet people and introduce myself by some psuedonym so I started using the normal name...which others started doing as well when we reregistered. 

Yeah, I was joking around....and mentioned so a few posts after. He was the only old school dude I remembered well.

But yeah, glassJAw there and initially here until you revamped the site the first time and we had to reregister. By that point we were already doing softball games, meeting up for beers or games, etc. and it just felt lame to meet people and introduce myself by some psuedonym so I started using the normal name...which others started doing as well when we reregistered. 

Don't forget John Stamos. 

Nugs managed to hack Angelswin and flush the entire database.

Yes he did. Back when security was just a nicety, not an absolute requirement for websites/forums/servers.

He also hacked the main page of AngelsWin.com and put up a picture of two gay men going at it.

That may have been the worst day ever with regards to this website. It took a while to rebuild, though at least it was just 4 months after moving to the new forum (version 3) after Snitz from 2005-2007.

I think the real Nugs has either grown up, got medical help or died. That guy was a complete nightmare for 4-5 year span.

Justin on the other hand was just a complete asshole that wanted to fit in, but because of his character (or lack thereof) he exposed his douchiness real quick.

I trolled for a bit as "ScaryEd". I intended to post seriously at first but the rosey-ness and general demeanor of a lot of the posters there drove me to stop caring and post a bunch of offensive shit. I was basically an edgy version of Marsaka. My vents generally consisted of wishing death on the players and calling board members f*gs. I was one edgy, cool dude.

Don't forget John Stamos. 

Ha.

When Chuck revamped to this new site/format he mentioned it being better security wise and some changes. I came back after years off the site, but wanted to be under the radar and just post in the Meat Locker. But as soon as I started posting people welcomed me back and John Stamos wasn't doing the job it was supposed to. I didn't want to deal with some people, but all the soccer posts was a give away. 

whenever the topic of the OMB comes up and we hear the horror stories that happened there, i'm always thankful i wasn't part of the scene. it was bad enough on aol, but it was usually on a much, much smaller scale.

there were times on espn that it was out of control and i hated that there were fans of other teams that couldn't leave us alone to talk about our team. but that was an area where i had to grow and change because i used to do a fair amount of trolling on aol.

one of my favorite troll times was 4 or 5 of us decided we were going to punk each MLB team's aol board and we used the name of our favorite mod to create a new fake account. her name was mooky, and we ended up being ghost mooky, mooky spice (that was me), mooky this, mooky that. my thing was to only write in poem form. it was a lot of fun, and man did we catch a lot of crap from people that day. it was all as an april fool's day prank.

That doesn't work Nate because, I believe everyone had to sign up again. Almost everyone has a name and date that says February 28th. It doesn't go beyond that.

I meant on this board.  Several people have changed their name.  Like you for example, shows John Stamos.

For the most part I have figured out who everyone is from the old board.

okay I'll come out of the closet. I was NrM from the ESPN message board and got constant shit for being a "dodgers fan".

I'm pretty sure I was banned once or twice. Can't remember. 

I was a douchebag 16 year old kid though.

Edited by Poozy

Back on the OMB (Angels board) there were a bunch of us that ran to HalosHaven where one of the OMB guys created his own site. The hopes was to create a troll free zone but Matt actually let Lee in and he instantly went to work causing havoc. Matt liked the controversy Lee started but it killed the momentum the board had started to gain from people signing up to escape the OMB madness.

I went looking for another site and checked out the competition but ended up on this one simply because it was more active and Chuck really did boot trolls once they were ferretted out.

It was not soon after that Justin had figured out that if he spammed the complaint form on the OMB the MLB moderator that was assigned to occasionally take care of problems would simply ban accounts based on the number of complaints. The guy never even checked if any of the complaints were valid, he just ejected accounts and that I think is when BBMom, Angelsgraphitti, Vic, Lifetime and a bunch of others all got kicked at the same time. I created a new account but rarely used it after that, I don't even think my log on works anymore and my screen name Blarg is banned.