• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official Mark Trumbo Trade Chatter (DEAL DONE)

6:06pm: The other Diamondbacks player to be named will likely be Brandon Jacobs, MLB.com's Jim Callis suggests (via Twitter). John Gambadoro of Sports 620 KTAR in Phoenix was the first to suggest Jacobs with the likely PTBNL. Jacobs, 23, came to the White Sox from the Red Sox in the Matt Thornton deal in July. The outfielder hit .244/.320/.407 for three teams at Class A+ and Double-A in 2013.

When did the NY Giants trade Brandon Jacobs to the White Sox?

this is a great trade. i'm not going to go back to sucking dipoto's dick, unless he can trade blanton, get another real good starter and preferably a better closer.

trade kendrick for something that fits in line with my thoughts. maybe try something like a kendrick and ? for butler and tim collins from KC.

i'd love to see a closer, and thusly move everyone down a notch in their respective roles. i think that would make our bullpen look all kinds of mo' bettah.

sign a good FA starter, such as garza. sign another FA starting pitcher rebound type, daniel hudson, etc.

that could give us a real nice lineup with an upgrade a dh, a real respectable bullpen and a nice rotation. the only real downgrade would be at 2nd, and i can live with that as a platoon or what have you.

going back to ?

:huh:

We had no idea that you were...

i loved the dipoto hiring when it happened. i  thought it was a rebirth for the organization, but then he let me down in many ways, escalating with the blanton signing and culminating with the pbj trade. 

this trade is a very good trade. i've been telling my wife all season, "i don't know how they're going to fix this team, it's so ****ed at every level." well, this was a good start.

@beatlesrule

Ive got a funny feeling that might be the thinking with this move as well. If not price, then someone else thtlats established.

Per the other thread, I've been saying for awhile now c lee could be a target. I know he's older and expensive, but the reality is the market sucks, and simply picking up the high salary might work in our favor. I would assume a garza will get similar money in FA. So its almost a pick your poison money wise.

As per the trade right now, its bittersweet. Love trumbo, flaws and all. But we needed young pitching.