• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official Mark Trumbo Trade Chatter (DEAL DONE)

For what it's worth, I did post that it would possibly be a 3 team trade, I just had the teams wrong. I got this from a source. Yeah, I know, you won't believe me and that's why I didn't bring it up but the source did have the 3 team part right. I am not going to draw attention to myself or make a thread but this source has also told me that Arte is not going to be outdone by Texas and Seattle. He wants a big name too and that name is Price. Source says to not get comfortable with Skaggs. He might be included in a trade for Price. This source has also told me some other things but this was the major one. The source also told me that both young SP we just got might be included in the deal.

I will post here again if I get any new info so take this for what it is. I am only bringing it up because A LOT of posters here think they know a lot and the Trumbo trade proved that most here have no idea what they are talking about. I told you that Trumbo would get us value and a lot laughed it off claiming that Trumbo had little value. My source assured me that Trumbo would net us some good young talent. I am in no way going to get my source in trouble or "cut out of the loop" as my source put it. I have no problem if you disregard this post but Fielder going to Texas and Cano to the M's has left a bad taste in Arte's mouth and he wants a big name too. Again, believe me or not but that's what I'm hearing.

I'd also like to add that the Angels are prepared to make a "significant offer" to extend Price if they can in fact trade for him.  No timetable was given to me though on when that extension would occur.

Edited by beatlesrule

For what it's worth, I did post that it would possibly be a 3 team trade, I just had the teams wrong. I got this from a source. Yeah, I know, you won't believe me and that's why I didn't bring it up but the source did have the 3 team part right. I am not going to draw attention to myself or make a thread but this source has also told me that Arte is not going to be outdone by Texas and Seattle. He wants a big name too and that name is Price. Source says to not get comfortable with Skaggs. He might be included in a trade for Price. This source has also told me some other things but this was the major one. The source also told me that both young SP we just got might be included in the deal.

I will post here again if I get any new info so take this for what it is. I am only bringing it up because A LOT of posters here think they know a lot and the Trumbo trade proved that most here have no idea what they are talking about. I told you that Trumbo would get us value and a lot laughed it off claiming that Trumbo had little value. My source assured me that Trumbo would net us some good young talent. I am in no way going to get my source in trouble or "cut out of the loop" as my source put it. I have no problem if you disregard this post but Fielder going to Texas and Cano to the M's has left a bad taste in Arte's mouth and he wants a big name too. Again, believe me or not but that's what I'm hearing.

If one of the two new SP goes in the deal to get Price, that would be awesome. If both are included, I'm not sure.

"Source says to not get comfortable with Skaggs. He might be included in a trade for Price. This source has also told me some other things but this was the major one. The source also told me that both young SP we just got might be included in the deal."

Lol. The DBacks are interested in a front line starter (including Price). If it was remotely possible to use Skaggs with other prospects to get Price, the DBacks wouldn't have traded him for Trumbo. 

For what it's worth, I did post that it would possibly be a 3 team trade, I just had the teams wrong. I got this from a source. Yeah, I know, you won't believe me and that's why I didn't bring it up but the source did have the 3 team part right.  

so if you got the teams wrong, that means you got the players wrong  (sorry, never saw your post)

so what you are telling us is that you got the number of teams involved correct. 

Congrats?

Edited by Lou

No problem with the laughs and the doubts. Yes, the source got the teams wrong but assured me it was going to be a 3 team trade. Maybe at one point it did involve the Mets and Rays and switched to the Sox and Dbacks. I don't know that for sure. The source knew nothing about the Bourjos deal though and from what the source heard the Angels loved having his speed and glove in the OF. As far as the D'Backs wanting Price, the Angels want a "big name" and can pay him more than Arizona. That of course doesn't mean the Rays will turn down a better package. Overall, the source says the Angels are not done and want a "big name." Big splash was never uttered haha.

BTW, to those making fun of me, (which I knew would happen), did ANYONE at all post about a 3 team trade other than me?  ANYONE???????????????????

Edited by beatlesrule

6:06pm: The other Diamondbacks player to be named will likely be Brandon Jacobs, MLB.com's Jim Callis suggests (via Twitter). John Gambadoro of Sports 620 KTAR in Phoenix was the first to suggest Jacobs with the likely PTBNL. Jacobs, 23, came to the White Sox from the Red Sox in the Matt Thornton deal in July. The outfielder hit .244/.320/.407 for three teams at Class A+ and Double-A in 2013.