• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official Mark Trumbo Trade Chatter (DEAL DONE)

Actually, it is. We haven't "shopped" Trumbo, teams have inquired about him. Up until now.

True, but even before the season ended we knew Trumbo would more than likely be moved for an arm. The "we're thinking about holding onto him" statement JD made was just a ploy imo.

Chris Cotillo ‏@ChrisCotillo 28s

#Pirates looking hard at first baseman...trade options include Adam Lind, Logan Morrison, according to @jonmorosi. FAs include Loney

Another team actively looking for a 1B

And they supposedly called on Trumbo at the deadline too.

Diamondbacks would probably be my first choice(granted, with having 0 knowledge of what each team is willing to offer, but on paper), but Pirates have some nice pieces to offer too.

Edited by jshep

That's very weird if they're shopping Brown. That team is going in no direction. They didn't shop Lee or Utley, then signed Byrd/Ruiz and now they're gonna trade one of their best players? Stupid.

As for Trumbo, I would like to see him moved. I get the feeling that they want to keep him though in case Pujols needs to DH more than expected.

Although I would be perfectly fine with Calhoun at 1st for some games since 1B defense doesn't really matter as much.

Edited by Angels_Baseball

Rosenthal was just on MLB Network. 

Basically he said he thinks Trumbo would net a bigger return than Howie due to his elite power. He also said Howie is the most likely one to be traded though because of Green/Lindsey and trading Trumbo could create a shortage of power if Pujols/Hamilton don't bounce back. 

Rosenthal was just on MLB Network. 

Basically he said he thinks Trumbo would net a bigger return than Howie due to his elite power. He also said Howie is the most likely one to be traded though because of Green/Lindsey and trading Trumbo could create a shortage of power if Pujols/Hamilton don't bounce back. 

Amazing insight