• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official Mark Trumbo Trade Chatter (DEAL DONE)

I like this trade. Both pitchers have the stuff and with upside. We have seen Trumbo's upside and I think his ceiling as well.

And far too much of his floor.

If they keep HK and sign another SP -- they will have pulled out a pretty clean off-season.

If they tank midyear, they still have HK to move for prospects.

Here come the ''told you so's''. You idiots ruin times like this for everybody.

Yeah I eat crow, Dipoto pulled off a miracle here. Let's not turn this into one of your ego driven validation situations.

actually, quite the opposite douchebag. I've never been on either side and prefer to watch everything unfold then make a judgement unlike some of the knee jerk reaction types like yourself that have an opinion about everything and think they know it all about team decisions.

I'm just posting an observation of how these things go. if you don't like factual posts maybe you shouldn't jump to conclusions and judgements so early.

As somebody who isn't all too versed with baseball prospects, what are Skaggs' and Santiago's upsides?

Perhaps not the best comparisons but to me, Skaggs looks like a homeless man's Kershaw (which still would make him a damn good pitcher). I'd say his upside is that of a great number 2-3 pitcher.

Santiago reminds me of a left-handed Santana. Potentially a good number 3 but definitely a solid 3-4 guy.

Trumbo was one of my favorite Angels and I'm happy to see him go to a place where he can be successful. Just as I was for Bourjos.

He and Morales really became expendable with the Pujols signing. Yet, I rooted for him and can see him hitting for a .300 average in Arizona. He's essentially just like Garrett Anderson was, from the right side. Anderson was more consistent, and hit for a higher average, but he was a solid major league regular for 10 seasons. Something that Trumbo is going to have to try to do.

Trumbo would likely have been traded next offseason if not this, with his escalating salary, CJ Cron's readiness to take over, and  Calhoun's solid first year in Anaheim, he becomes somewhat redundant.

I don't think this makes them contenders this year but it bodes well for the future for sure. Now focus on a Trout deal please.

Trout is under team control for four more seasons. No reason to rush this, except if you're hoping for a discount, which isn't likely.

Perhaps not the best comparisons but to me, Skaggs looks like a homeless man's Kershaw (which still would make him a damn good pitcher). I'd say his upside is that of a great number 2-3 pitcher.

Santiago reminds me of a left-handed Santana. Potentially a good number 3 but definitely a solid 3-4 guy.

Good to know. Thanks.

Trout is under team control for four more seasons. No reason to rush this, except if you're hoping for a discount, which isn't likely.

The longer they wait the more his price tag goes up I'm afraid. It would be a shame to lose out on him but he is here right now.