• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UPDATE: The Colorado Rockies & Angels Trade Talks Cool - Rockies Pursue Justin Morneau

Chuck

Rockies Aggressively Pursuing Justin Morneau

Looks like the Trumbo deal fell through.

I am OK with this.  The Winter Meetings are coming up, and shopping has just began.

Thinking that Justin Morneau can once again be a productive player is dreaming.  The Rockies may come to their senses and return to the table.

Move along.

The problem is when your infamous for getting raped in trades, other teams try to take advantage of that and when Dipoto ask the rockies for even a fair trade, they are going to say no.  It's best to fire Dipoto and start over with a more tough negotiator who doesnt have such an embarassing reputation.

He hasn't been raped that much. He even raped us in the Haren deal.

He gets raped a little, but he can definitely rape back from time to time.

Edited by TeemuTrout

Rockies Aggressively Pursuing Justin Morneau

Looks like the Trumbo deal fell through.

Well good, because if they're not parting with Chacin and a prospect like Butler or even Bettis, I don't think the Angels should move him or anyone else on the team from our offense.

Resort to to signing Colon and going after Tanaka, Dipoto!

Well good, because if they're not parting with Chacin and a prospect like Butler or even Bettis, I don't think the Angels should move him or anyone else on the team from our offense.

Resort to to signing Colon and going after Tanaka, Dipoto!

Hmmm, Sounds like Chuck is giving us some hints at what might of been.

I am fine with backing off from the Rockies (if that is indeed what happened) but I am still puzzled about why we didn't just back off the Bourjos deal....I know we want to move forward and make some moves but if you're just not getting what you want, change the plan, wait awhile. do anything other than making a bad deal...you can't undo a bad trade but you can wait for a good one....

Tanaka, yes

Colon, remember that he's age 40 in 2014 with a suspension in his past.  

I'd just as soon re-up Williams.

Tanaka, yes, Tender Williams as a backup if he doesn't sign. If you can't move Trumbo, Kendrick, or Iannetta for a starting pitcher, sign Arroyo NOT COLON. 

This approach takes the Angels over the CBT, but if they don't have to get a proven young controllable starter, I'm sure a number of teams would come calling on Kendrick and/or Iannetta for prospects.

The problem is when your infamous for getting raped in trades, other teams try to take advantage of that and when Dipoto ask the rockies for even a fair trade, they are going to say no.  It's best to fire Dipoto and start over with a more tough negotiator who doesnt have such an embarassing reputation.

I think that is an unfair argument.  Dipoto does not have a history of being raped in trades as you say.  Name me one trade where get got raped??????

Fieri?  No, that has worked well for us.

Grienke?  I aruge that was a bad trade only because we didn't make the playoffs.  However, at the time of the trade we were one or two games back.  The move was a smart one at the time.  It isn't Dipoto's fault that Haren and Santana would turn to shit after the trade.  It wasn't Dipoto's fault that our bullpen would blow four straight leads over Texas in August.

Bourjos?  Yes I think that is a terrible trade, but only in isoloation.  It is terrible because we need a pitching and didn't get it.  We could have gone with what we have at 3b.  Without help in pitching we could have Beltre in our lineup and we still will lose the division.  However, if the move allows the Angels to trade Kendrick (moving Green to 2b with Lindsay) for pitching than it would turn into a good trade. 

I guess you can say Hanson was a bad trade, but that was only one.  But let's be honest, how good is Walden????

Tanaka, yes, Tender Williams as a backup if he doesn't sign. If you can't move Trumbo, Kendrick, or Iannetta for a starting pitcher, sign Arroyo NOT COLON. 

This approach takes the Angels over the CBT, but if they don't have to get a proven young controllable starter, I'm sure a number of teams would come calling on Kendrick and/or Iannetta for prospects.

I would rather have Blanton or Hanson over Colon.  Colon pitching is an embarassment to baseball and anyon who signs him is an accomplice to defrauding the anti doping policy.

Bourjos?  Yes I think that is a terrible trade, but only in isoloation.  It is terrible because we need a pitching and didn't get it.  We could have gone with what we have at 3b.  Without help in pitching we could have Beltre in our lineup and we still will lose the division.  

But lets say we did PB for Beltre, would it still be a horrible trade JUST because we didn't get a pitcher?