• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UPDATE: The Colorado Rockies & Angels Trade Talks Cool - Rockies Pursue Justin Morneau

Chuck

Have to fix the posting issue first....Sounds like they are trying but it's not done yet...do you pull the trigger on a trade or FA signing while you're waiting on Tanaka? Dunno....

I would. It's going to take $60-$70 Million for the posting and then another $60-$70 Million for his contract. If you can get someone at a more reasonable rate then go for it. Tanaka is no for sure thing.

Have to fix the posting issue first....Sounds like they are trying but it's not done yet...do you pull the trigger on a trade or FA signing while you're waiting on Tanaka?  Dunno....

Given that they need two starters it isn't an either/or proposition. If the right trade comes up, then go for it. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Angels go after Tanaka and look into trades and, if one doesn't happen, go for one of the lesser free agent starters.

While I wouldn't mind that outcome, I just can't see it going down after the Freese deal. It wouldn't make sense to deal Bourjos only to trade Hamilton a week later. I couldn't handle Jables (Shuck) as a starter, guy looks lost in the outfield sometimes.But who knows with the Angels FO.

I was going to wait until I read all of the posts before I commented, but that was exactly what I was thinking.  Trading Hamilton or Trumbo would make the Bourjos trade really stupid!  Trading Bourjos only made sense when we had a surplus of OF/DHs.  Trading either Trumbo or Hamilton will leave a void in either the DH or OF position.

Nothing new to report this morning guys.

Obviously it takes two sides to agree upon a deal so it could take some time or fall through. We'll see.

Oh yeah, I also heard that Tanaka is a serious priority. Really hope we get him.

I've heard the same thing from somebody connected to another AL West club. Seems like other teams expect Moreno to make a very, VERY aggressive posting offer.

Troy Renck of the Denver Post had this footnote in his column today...

With Brian McCann off the board, the Rockies continue looking for an impact bat, and have heavy interest in first baseman Justin Morneau. Morneau, a former Minnesota teammate of Michael Cuddyer’s, delivered 53 extra-base hits last season. Others on the radar include Mike Napoli and Michael Morse

If true, they wouldn't have an area for Trumbo then...maybe someone else?

I was going to wait until I read all of the posts before I commented, but that was exactly what I was thinking.  Trading Hamilton or Trumbo would make the Bourjos trade really stupid!  Trading Bourjos only made sense when we had a surplus of OF/DHs.  Trading either Trumbo or Hamilton will leave a void in either the DH or OF position.

The Angels still have a surplus of outfielders.

Troy Renck of the Denver Post had this footnote in his column today...

With Brian McCann off the board, the Rockies continue looking for an impact bat, and have heavy interest in first baseman Justin Morneau. Morneau, a former Minnesota teammate of Michael Cuddyer’s, delivered 53 extra-base hits last season. Others on the radar include Mike Napoli and Michael Morse

If true, they wouldn't have an area for Trumbo then...maybe someone else?

It's possible they would prefer Trumbo and are seeing if they can get him. Though they also need a second baseman so they could be after Kendrick.

Honestly I'm just worried Trumbo will knock one of our satellites out of orbit if he's traded to Denver. 

As a side note the ball would encounter less wind resistance at the higher elevation so Trumbo only needs to hit the ball a little over 8 kilometers/second rather than the 9.3 km/s needed from Anaheim.

Besides who cares about the Sprint satellites anyway?