• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UPDATE: The Colorado Rockies & Angels Trade Talks Cool - Rockies Pursue Justin Morneau

Chuck

I see where you're going mancini, but I think with bourjosbeing traded already, trumbo is probably staying. I could be totally wrong, but I think we only (at most) trade one more guy, and its only going to be for a pitcher. Colorado doesn't seem like they have one (that could help in 2014). I think this rumor is probably either for cron, or something for the bullpen (maybe for cron).

Good point doc, but again, I'm wondering who if anything colorado has (that they would trade) us for if it is in fact one of kendrick/trumbo. They aren't exactly deep in pitching that I can think of, and the guys they have I can't see them moving (like us).

They've got guys in the minors, some of whom they actually might trade (not Jonathan Gray...who wouldn't help this year, anyway) and they do have some very nice position player prospects (Trevor Story, David Dahl). However, I honestly don't think they'd trade Story unless they are sure that Tulo won't be traded anytime in the next few years (before the end of his contract). Dahl might be traded, they seem to have had some issues with him.

They do have some bullpen pieces, however, they are looking for more (hence bringing Hawkins back), so I doubt it's anyone from the bullpen.

I still don't think they want to trade Trumbo until they are convinced Pujols can play 1st everyday so I'm guessing Howie is the one with us getting back De La Rosa. Others could be added to make it fit more snugly. I've said many times that this team is built for the next 2 years. JDLR is a free agent after next season but by getting him now they can give him a QO at season end.

But in all seriousness the likely target on the Rockies is Jorge de la Rosa, who of course is 33 coming into next season and has a career ERA of 4.70. 

This is what I'm worried about.  A 33 year old that has one good season last year and we would be looking to pick up for Trumbo or Howie.

I have a feeling Dipoto is going to go hard after Tanaka, but I'm worried the Mariners will want to reinvigorate their "Pacific connection."

Have to fix the posting issue first....Sounds like they are trying but it's not done yet...do you pull the trigger on a trade or FA signing while you're waiting on Tanaka?  Dunno....