• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UPDATE: The Colorado Rockies & Angels Trade Talks Cool - Rockies Pursue Justin Morneau

Chuck

Trumbo would be a great fit in Colorado. They were 2nd in the NL with runs scored. By losing Helton, they are losing power in the lineup. Just like Helton last season, Trumbo is a low OBP/high Power guy. I'm just not sure what the Angels could get in return. I'm sure the Angels will be looking for a ML ready prospect or veteran. Here are the options:
Tyler Matzek- Tons of hype when drafted in 2009. He hasn't lived up to potential and probably 2 years away from ML ready. Still too young to write off though.

Chad Bettis- He's ready to pitch in the Bigs right now. His ceiling looks to be a #3 starter.

Tyler Anderson- A lefty with some promise. He's been moving up in the Rockies system rather quickly. He MIGHT be ready by end of 2014 though.

Eddie Butler- He's been overshadowed by Jonathan Gray. Problem is he won't be ready by 2015 at the earliest. But if the Angels are patient, he would be a good pick.

Drew Pomeranz- Please no. He's been free-falling at an alarming rate. Guy has lost confidence.

Jonathan Gray- PIPE DREAM!!

So if the Angels are looking to get a young arm ready by April, Bettis is really the only option. If the Angels have another trick up their sleeve to grab a SP elsewhere, then Butler would be a good choice. The Rockies know they are a couple years away anyways to get their pitching together. But they have a lot of C+ to B+ prospect arms in the next 2-3 years.

Trumbo would be a great fit in Colorado. They were 2nd in the NL with runs scored. By losing Helton, they are losing power in the lineup. Just like Helton last season, Trumbo is a low OBP/high Power guy. I'm just not sure what the Angels could get in return. I'm sure the Angels will be looking for a ML ready prospect or veteran. Here are the options:

Tyler Matzek- Tons of hype when drafted in 2009. He hasn't lived up to potential and probably 2 years away from ML ready. Still too young to write off though.

Chad Bettis- He's ready to pitch in the Bigs right now. His ceiling looks to be a #3 starter.

Tyler Anderson- A lefty with some promise. He's been moving up in the Rockies system rather quickly. He MIGHT be ready by end of 2014 though.

Eddie Butler- He's been overshadowed by Jonathan Gray. Problem is he won't be ready by 2015 at the earliest. But if the Angels are patient, he would be a good pick.

Drew Pomeranz- Please no. He's been free-falling at an alarming rate. Guy has lost confidence.

So if the Angels are looking to get a young arm ready by April, Bettis is really the only option. If the Angels have another trick up their sleeve to grab a SP elsewhere, then Butler would be a good choice. The Rockies know they are a couple years away anyways to get their pitching together. But they have a lot of C+ to B+ prospect arms in the next 2-3 years.

nice analysis.  I still think Bettis is the most likely candidate.  Plus a lesser prospect or a pen arm.  Would love to get Butler.  Could be ready late 2014 or sooner if he starts the year well in AA.

So it's going to be Trumbo for Pormeranz then