• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UPDATE: The Colorado Rockies & Angels Trade Talks Cool - Rockies Pursue Justin Morneau

Chuck

Actually I was working on a Royals based 'Hot Stove Trade Speculation' article and I found it difficult to match up well with them. However if the Rockies were included it may pan out better in a 3-way. I'll have to dig into it ASAP!

I'm assuming that's EST.

Yes it is. A day late and a dollar short.

Actually I think he just reported it because he checked on the rumor going around that was started from here last night and confirmed that the two sides have talked and/or are talking currently. He's speculating on if the Rockies will give up pitching though. We'll see if something gets done, but if not, I expect something else is on the horizon soon.

Royals are not taking on $12 Million in Salary. Fowler makes a little less than $8M, Kendrick a little more than $9. Davis makes just shy of $5.

They'd be clearing only Wade Davis in this scenario. They'd have to give up Billy Butler to make it work financially.

I don't think the Angels are worried about the luxury tax. They may get fined one year, but with Wells coming off the books after 2014 and one or two of Aybar/Kendrick coming off via a trade, they will be fine in year 2015.

Although, you do have to make room for Mike Trout's pay increase, so there's that math to figure out.

Trading Trumbo AND Kendrick leaves us with Green at DH and Lindsey/Romine at 2B, with Lucho playing 1B when Albert needs a day off.  I like it.

I like none of this Scott, unless we're loaded with arms now and in the future as a result. Even then, I think we're much weaker offensively with Green/Romine/Lucho in the lineup.

I like none of this Scott, unless we're loaded with arms now and in the future as a result. Even then, I think we're much weaker offensively with Green/Romine/Lucho in the lineup.

Right, I'd be banking on those 2 bringing back 2-3 high upside arms.  That's the only way I'd do it.  The offensive hit would be augmented by the increase in runs saved, which is where the team was awful last year.

An Angels-Royals-Rockies trade could be interesting

Angels get

Yordano Ventura

Chad Bettis

Aaron Crow

Rockies get

Mark Trumbo

Wade Davis

Royals get

Howie Kendrick

Dexter Fowler

The Rockies want to trade Fowler and supposedly covet Trumbo and Davis. This would also clear some cap space for them. Trumbo would fill a position of need for them and be under control for 1 more year than Fowler. The Rockies do not want to trade pitching but getting Davis makes trading Bettis more palatable.

The Royals would get 2 players they supposedly covet as well to fill their 2 most pressing needs (2B and CF). Trading pitching makes sense for them as they had the best ERA in the AL last year. The problem would be taking on the salaries of Kendrick and Fowler would push their budget. However, trading Davis and Crow(entering arb years) would help that somewhat.

Angels would trade 2 starters and create holes but would fill their pitching needs. Using the money saved on the trade and possibly not offering arb to Williams and/or Hanson they could sign a #3 like Tanaka/Colon/Kuroda and a DH type like Corey Hart to help fill Trumbo's spot. Richards could be #4 while Ventura and Bettis compete for last rotation spot. The loser in spring can be the #6 guy in AAA while preparing to fill Colon/Kurodas spot in 2015 if one of them is signed to a 1 year deal.

C Ianetta/Conger

1B Pujols

2B Green

3B Freese

SS Aybar

OF Trout

OF Hamilton

OF Calhoun

DH Hart/FA

P Weaver

P Wilson

P Tanaka/Kuroda/Colon

P Richards

P Bettis/Ventura

Defense might be an issue but interesting to think about. Anyways, just a bored long time Angelswin stalker, very rare poster here. Hopefully I entertained a little.

If we sign Colon I officially give up my allegiance as an Angel fan.  And I have been a die hard fan since 1982.  I have been following through losing seasons that make the last four look like WS championships.  However, Colon is the biggest fraud in baseball.

Trumbo for prospects is a better deal than Trumbo for Chacin.

If they got pieces back for Trumbo like Butler, Bettis, and Murphy I'd be happy. Include Jepsen and Gutierrez if they want them.

Then do both of my hot stove trades of the day and they'd be set. Finally, they could sign Cano. LOL. 

1) Trumbo and Jepsen for prospects SP Butler, SP/RP Bettis & C Murphy

2) Kendrick, Tommy Hanson, and Jimenez for SP Miguel Gonzalez and SP Mike Wright

3) Iannetta for Trevor May

4) Corey Hart on a 1 year $4M deal

5) Cut Blanton

6) Non-Tender Gutierrez, Nelson keep Jerome Williams

Rotation:

Weaver, Wilson, Richards, Gonzalez, Williams/Wright

Bullpen:

Frieri, Smith, Burnett, Bettis, Salas, De La Rosa, Kohn/Williams/Roth/Maronde

OF

Trout, Calhoun, Hamilton, Shuck/Cowgill

DH

Hart/Cron

INF

Pujols, Green, Lindsey, Aybar, Romine, Freese

C

Conger, Murphy/Hester

Trading Trumbo AND Kendrick leaves us with Green at DH and Lindsey/Romine at 2B, with Lucho playing 1B when Albert needs a day off.  I like it.

It would for the moment, but Giovatella could platoon w/ Green at 2nd. Then I would sign Kendrys back to DH and spell Pujols. 

1. Trout CF

2. Calhoun RF

3. Pujols 1b

4. Hamilton LF

5. Morales DH

6. Freese 3b

7. Aybar SS

8. Conger C

9. Giovatella/ Green 2b

Not a bad lineup

1. Weaver

2. Wilson

3. Chacin

4. Richards

5. Ventura/ minor league FA

Edited by SigBaby

Right, I'd be banking on those 2 bringing back 2-3 high upside arms.  That's the only way I'd do it.  The offensive hit would be augmented by the increase in runs saved, which is where the team was awful last year.

@Scott34 and @Chuck

And, it is not as if the offense was dire last year. 

Offensive rankins via Fangraphs

WAR - 7th (God bless Mike Trout)

wRC+ tied for third

wOBA - fourth

SLG% - sixth

OBP - tied for fourth

Green hit .280/.336/.384 with the Angels last year. There's almost no pop to speak of in his bat, but it's not like he is walking up to the plate and standing backwards while holding the bat by the barrel. 

Dinger are sexy. Players who hit dingers are sexy. Therefore, Mark Trumbo is sexy. You know what else he is? Incredibly streaky. I'm floored with his climbing walk-rate, but I cringe at the idea that an 0-4 game can turn into an 2-30 stretch. 

If he goes, does it hurt the offense? Yeah, it does. But it's not like the team becomes anemic offensively without him. 

Edited by mike_hllywa