• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UPDATE: The Colorado Rockies & Angels Trade Talks Cool - Rockies Pursue Justin Morneau

Chuck

It would for the moment, but Giovatella could platoon w/ Green at 2nd. Then I would sign Kendrys back to DH and spell Pujols. 

1. Trout CF

2. Calhoun RF

3. Pujols 1b

4. Hamilton LF

5. Morales DH

6. Freese 3b

7. Aybar SS

8. Conger C

9. Giovatella/ Green 2b

Not a bad lineup

1. Weaver

2. Wilson

3. Chacin

4. Richards

5. Ventura/ minor league FA

Scioscia would end up sitting Kendrys against left-handers.

Royals are not taking on $12 Million in Salary. Fowler makes a little less than $8M, Kendrick a little more than $9. Davis makes just shy of $5.

They'd be clearing only Wade Davis in this scenario. They'd have to give up Billy Butler to make it work financially.

Substitute Butler for Giovatella in the one scenario. He'll be our Trumbo replacement.

It was almost 24 hours AFTER the Angels and Cardinals agreed on the players before the Cardinals for sure gave them the go ahead on processing and announcing the trade.  I just assumed the Cards were running through it all with their advanced scouting and metrics department.  If the two teams do agree, it could still be another day or two until we're sure.

If nothing happens by tomorrow night, I'll assume the talks are either on hold or are dead. 

Building off of SigBaby's suggestion of a three-way trade, you should see the next installment of the 'Hot Stove Trade Speculation' series that has some interesting ideas involving an Angels-Rockies-Royals based 3-way trade.

Thanks for the inspiration Sig!

Why do you feel the need to torture us? Why are you going to tell us there's a possible trade, but not tell us the possible players involved?

Because that would be taking advantage of a privilege that Chuck has. I would do this same thing if I were in his position. Let people know what is going on behind closed doors but not leak too much information.