• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UPDATE: The Colorado Rockies & Angels Trade Talks Cool - Rockies Pursue Justin Morneau

Chuck

I'd be fine with Butler, Bettis, and Murphy. 

It doesn't necessarily fill a rotation hole right now, but those three would instantly be top five prospects ahead of Cowart (off a down year), Lindsey & Cron.

I'd be fine with Butler, Bettis, and Murphy. 

It doesn't necessarily fill a rotation hole right now, but those three would instantly be top five prospects ahead of Cowart (off a down year), Lindsey & Cron.

I would do 1 of those 3 + Chacin for Trumbo and Kohn

The Rockies would have to be blown away to trade Chacin. He's young dependable and affordable for 2014. I don't see that happening. 

Next year, they'll have a lot more prospects ready to move into the rotation (Gray, Butler, etc.)

Did the Rockies trade for Chuck?  Where did he go?  He said he had to get up at 4AM for a meeting--I'm thinking rockieswin.com just picked up a star blogger.

Last day of my work week pal, trying to crank it out before I leave today.

If I have more to report, I definitely will.

Trade talks can take a while and while it may start with just 2-3 players involved, that can change as the talks are ongoing.

All I can say is that I trust this one source I had a convo with, but whether the trade is done or not has no bearing on the reliability of my source. It takes two GM's to iron out a trade.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/rockies/2013/11/26/rockies-talking-with-angels-royals-looking-for-bat-bullpen-help-will-listen-to-offers-for-dexter-fowler/16047/

I am so. We hat discounting this source. Chuck said that the Rockies are target g one of our players. The whole world knows we need pitching, so they have to be prepared to move an arm or two to get what they want. I can see this taking a bit to get done as lots of people on both sides would have to sign off on he deal, especially if one of the arms is a minor Leaguer. But, this hopefully could start us off on improving the rotation.

Rockies don't want to deal pitching, we don't need Fowler... I don't think there's a match.

Im sorry but if we deal Trumbo for prospects, i for one am gonna be pissed.

you dont give up a 30/100 guy for prospects... especially not when you have a limited window for actually winning on a team thats built to win now.
you do that and we get worse, not better, for the next 2-3 years.
count me out on that.. anyone that wants to talk Trumbo better come with equally impactful talent.

An Angels-Royals-Rockies trade could be interesting

Angels get

Yordano Ventura

Chad Bettis

Aaron Crow

Rockies get

Mark Trumbo

Wade Davis

Royals get

Howie Kendrick

Dexter Fowler

The Rockies want to trade Fowler and supposedly covet Trumbo and Davis. This would also clear some cap space for them. Trumbo would fill a position of need for them and be under control for 1 more year than Fowler. The Rockies do not want to trade pitching but getting Davis makes trading Bettis more palatable.

The Royals would get 2 players they supposedly covet as well to fill their 2 most pressing needs (2B and CF). Trading pitching makes sense for them as they had the best ERA in the AL last year. The problem would be taking on the salaries of Kendrick and Fowler would push their budget. However, trading Davis and Crow(entering arb years) would help that somewhat.

Angels would trade 2 starters and create holes but would fill their pitching needs. Using the money saved on the trade and possibly not offering arb to Williams and/or Hanson they could sign a #3 like Tanaka/Colon/Kuroda and a DH type like Corey Hart to help fill Trumbo's spot. Richards could be #4 while Ventura and Bettis compete for last rotation spot. The loser in spring can be the #6 guy in AAA while preparing to fill Colon/Kurodas spot in 2015 if one of them is signed to a 1 year deal.

C Ianetta/Conger

1B Pujols

2B Green

3B Freese

SS Aybar

OF Trout

OF Hamilton

OF Calhoun

DH Hart/FA

P Weaver

P Wilson

P Tanaka/Kuroda/Colon

P Richards

P Bettis/Ventura

Defense might be an issue but interesting to think about. Anyways, just a bored long time Angelswin stalker, very rare poster here. Hopefully I entertained a little.

I like it, however, the Angels would come out WAY AHEAD if they dealt Trumbo and Kendrick and in reutrn received Yordano Ventura, Jhoulys Chacin and a second baseman.  Kind of a pipe dream but I like where your head is at. 

Yeah, but aren't we due for an offseason move that actually favors us? 

Trumbo and Jepsen for Chacin is pretty even, but Rockies would also be getting Wade Davis (who they like) to replace Chacin and relief help

As far as Kendrick for Ventura and Giovatella, it favors us slightly, but we are dealing with Dayton Moore