• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UPDATE: The Colorado Rockies & Angels Trade Talks Cool - Rockies Pursue Justin Morneau

Chuck

For me, the word significant is telling... speculation aside, i am assuming that if we are giving something significant, we must be getting something significant.

The bottom line is that this team as is sits right now has a limited window... we cant sit back and build the farm.  If we are making deals it has to be with an eye more on today, than tomorrow... thats the reality of where we are as an organization.

ok..I read this thread last night when it was 2 pages long.....now its 11...so can someone provide a summary?

Could be LAA player A for COL player A

Could be LAA player A for COL player B

Could be LAA player A for COL player C

Could be LAA player B for COL player A

Could be LAA player C for COL player A

Could be LAA player A, B for COL player A,B

Could be LAA player A, C for COL player A, C

Could be LAA player B ,C for COL player B, C

Could be LAA player A, C for COL player A, B

Could be LAA player B, C for COL player A, C

Probably not LAA player A for COL player B

Probably not LAA player B for COL player C

Probably not LAA player C for COL player A

Probably not LAA player A, C for COL player A, B

Probably not LAA player B, C for COL player A, C

COL player A is better than COL player B

COL player B is better than COL player C

But some advanced metric thinks that COL player A is not better than COL player C.

Go figure.

Yeah, not sure there's a good match, either. 

If, by some bizarre chance, we trade for Fowler, I will LOL.  His career away numbers:  .241/.333/.361, and he's a bad defensive OF.

Looking over the Rockies stats, I see five things.

1) They're looking for starters too. Doesn't bode well for a contributor for 2014.

2) They had three underachieving 2nd baseman, but all in their mid-twenties, doubt they want Kendrick.

3) They don't want Iannetta as they have Wilton Rosario.

4) They're not parting with Tulowitski, Cuddyer, or Carlos Gonzalez unless it brings back a lot of young talent. Which the Angels don't have to offer.

5) Need a replacement for Helton.

So, I'd say they Angels are pushing for Chacin and Bettis for Trumbo and a minor leaguer. 

1) They're looking for starters too. Doesn't bode well for a contributor for 2014.

2) They had three underachieving 2nd baseman, but all in their mid-twenties, doubt they want Kendrick.

4) They're not parting with Tulowitski, Cuddyer, or Carlos Gonzalez unless it brings back a lot of young talent. Which the Angels don't have to offer.

So, I'd say they Angels are pushing for Chacin and Bettis for Trumbo and a minor leaguer. 

The Rockies probably aren't interested in Iannetta, but it doesn't have anything to do with Wilton Rosario. The Rockies plan on moving Rosario to the OF. 

It seems like Trumbo is the only player on the Angels that the Rockies are targeting. 

If the Rockies are looking for pitching.  Could be Hanson, Blanton, or Jepsen are the players for some minor leaguers.  Trumbo for minor leaguers is such a small market team trade.

Trade all 4 and try to get something useful back.

If the Rockies are looking for pitching.  Could be Hanson, Blanton, or Jepsen are the players for some minor leaguers.  Trumbo for minor leaguers is such a small market team trade.

I disagree, I'd hate to lose Trumbo, but the Rockies know he can fill their hole at 1st, relatively cheaply and that he might hit 50 HR in Colorado with a .290 BA. Think SLC numbers.

They have some solid, near-ready minor leaguers, and if it re-stocks the farm with guys like I mentioned above, while saving the Angels $5M they can then spend on a free agent starter?

I think Cron could put up similar numbers to Trumbo, especially when paired with a cheap DH option like Cory Hart or even Grant Green.

Trumbo's defense is better than Cron's of course and can play 1st or the OF. 

This is my thinking.

One thing Chuck said is that the Rockies are targeting one of our players. So, we're going to push hard for pitching and could be a match. One ML one and one on the doorstep would be a great haul.