• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Eliminated

fan_since79

OK, who popped the cork on the champagne?

There will be no cork-popping.  They've haven't lost ENOUGH. They really needed to tank these last few weeks to secure a top ten pick but, instead, they've irresponsibly have played like the best team in baseball.  Don't these guys know what's at stake?  They needed to do some hardcore losing, now it's too late.  What's to celebrate?  (sobs in a corner)

There will be no cork-popping.  They've haven't lost ENOUGH. They really needed to tank these last few weeks to secure a top ten pick but, instead, they've irresponsibly have played like the best team in baseball.  Don't these guys know what's at stake?  They needed to do some hardcore losing, now it's too late.  What's to celebrate?  (sobs in a corner)

We could really use Albert about now. I say we start Blanton every third day as well. 

We could really use Albert about now. I say we start Blanton every third day as well.

Exactly what I was thinking. Most of the effort we are seeing today involve a lot of young guys making less than $1M per year. But reality will set in when all of the overpaid underachievers return to the starting lineup on Opening Day 2014.

Exactly what I was thinking. Most of the effort we are seeing today involve a lot of young guys making less than $1M per year. But reality will set in when all of the overpaid underachievers return to the starting lineup on Opening Day 2014.

Dude, take a step back and take a deep breath.  All this negativity will eat away at your soul and leave you feeling like a Rangers fan.

Edited by IEAngelfan

Good ol' Claude, spreading doom and gloom wherever he goes.  

Keep the bag on your head man, that way people can see you coming.

In my book, we were eliminated when we got swept in that four game homestand by HOUSTON.

that's the day we were eliminated as a serious contender for the division title/ wild card spot.

next year the Halos MUST be in a position by May 15th to be a contender.

the past several seasons have been horrible in that respect.

we can't play .425 baseball in April and into May and expect to be there come stretch time.

this recent surge getting the Halos within two games of .500 is nice -- but then we've been playing the equivalent of Spring Training games since about August 15th if not before that.

In my book, we were eliminated when we got swept in that four game homestand by HOUSTON.

that's the day we were eliminated as a serious contender for the division title/ wild card spot.

next year the Halos MUST be in a position by May 15th to be a contender.

the past several seasons have been horrible in that respect.

we can't play .425 baseball in April and into May and expect to be there come stretch time.

this recent surge getting the Halos within two games of .500 is nice -- but then we've been playing the equivalent of Spring Training games since about August 15th if not before that.

Can you imagine the hysteria on this board if the team has another crappy start? Oh man.

Hamilton and Trumbo will start worrying if they get off to slow starts next year. Probably Pujols too.

As Yogi Berra said, 90% of this game is half mental.

Hamilton and Pujols probably won't be worried if they get off to a slow start next year. They're both signed to huge, long term contracts. Pujols didn't seem worried last year when he got off to a slow start and neither did Hamilton when he got off to a slow start and still had a poor year. 

Hamilton and Pujols probably won't be worried if they get off to a slow start next year. They're both signed to huge, long term contracts. Pujols didn't seem worried last year when he got off to a slow start and neither did Hamilton when he got off to a slow start and still had a poor year. 

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, that they actually care about the team and how it's affected by their lousy performance.

But you make a good point. I can't really argue with it.

Edited by fan_since79