• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Perry is a very not good GM

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Lou was right about Nevin, Emperor Swordsman. 

You kind of became the example of what he was talking about with this post. You set up a strawman, and one that isn’t even your own, and then argued against it. You then added a personal insult at the end. You, I mean Lou, may not like his argument for Nevin, but Swordsman wasn’t talking about that in this thread. You took the bait and proved Swordsman right on this point.

16 hours ago, m0nkey said:

Sucks when you're on a computer and can't move the cursor in a straight line, and then you have to do it all over again

Yeah if we need 30 emojis it would be better if they popped up in a 6 x 5 format instead of a single line.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, BTH said:

We can add “continuing to roster Jose Suarez” to the laundry list of things that prove Perry is an awful GM.

Prior to last night's game he was among the league's best with an average exit velocity around 84, and his breaking ball value was elite in the 100 percentile, so there was some bad luck involved and a reason to believe he was being BaBiped to death.  The flip side is his change has been getting nuked and has been for a bit, he's like the anti-Canning in that his change has always set everything else up.  I legit think the pitch clock is in his head and he's rushing his arm action/doing something where he's failing to hide it better or something as simple ad the quicker pace means hitters aren't as keyed up to swing.  The other thing is his command has been absolute garbage since coming off the DL last year.  How much of that is him rushing I dunno but its been a legit issue.  

I understand them not having wanted to expose him coming off an injury filled season where the sample size wasn't great, but I doubt they would have kept him up if he had options.  This is probably the best part of the season to try to have him successfully pass through waivers if they want to keep him.  His out-pitch is getting torched, its early and most teams have in house options they either want to hold on to or see before risk exposing them to other teams themselves, but he definitely would be better off going to AA and pitching out of the rotation.

He is simply not right, and not helping.

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Prior to last night's game he was among the league's best with an average exit velocity around 84, and his breaking ball value was elite in the 100 percentile, so there was some bad luck involved and a reason to believe he was being BaBiped to death.  The flip side is his change has been getting nuked and has been for a bit, he's like the anti-Canning in that his change has always set everything else up.  I legit think the pitch clock is in his head and he's rushing his arm action/doing something where he's failing to hide it better or something as simple ad the quicker pace means hitters aren't as keyed up to swing.  The other thing is his command has been absolute garbage since coming off the DL last year.  How much of that is him rushing I dunno but its been a legit issue.  

I understand them not having wanted to expose him coming off an injury filled season where the sample size wasn't great, but I doubt they would have kept him up if he had options.  This is probably the best part of the season to try to have him successfully pass through waivers if they want to keep him.  His out-pitch is getting torched, its early and most teams have in house options they either want to hold on to or see before risk exposing them to other teams themselves, but he definitely would be better off going to AA and pitching out of the rotation.

He is simply not right, and not helping.

What do you think about how he stopped using his curveball after 2021, and started using a new slider and cutter in 2022 and 2023...?

I probably have an oversimplified perspective, but he was good when he was throwing fastball-change-curve, and he has been bad while throwing fastball-slider-cutter-change.

I know the stuff+ and all that said the curveball stunk, but could it be possible that his arsenal was best when he had three pitches of all different speeds?

The performance drop off clearly happened at the same time the pitch mix changed. I suppose other factors may have been in play too, but its kind of difficult to not connect the dots...

Lastly, no worries if you don't have a good answer for this one, but are there any pitchers you know of with similar pitch mixes and pitching styles as Suarez, who are successful? I'm curious who they're trying to have him emulate, in theory.

1 hour ago, samwum said:

What do you think about how he stopped using his curveball after 2021, and started using a new slider and cutter in 2022 and 2023...?

I probably have an oversimplified perspective, but he was good when he was throwing fastball-change-curve, and he has been bad while throwing fastball-slider-cutter-change.

I know the stuff+ and all that said the curveball stunk, but could it be possible that his arsenal was best when he had three pitches of all different speeds?

The performance drop off clearly happened at the same time the pitch mix changed. I suppose other factors may have been in play too, but its kind of difficult to not connect the dots...

Lastly, no worries if you don't have a good answer for this one, but are there any pitchers you know of with similar pitch mixes and pitching styles as Suarez, who are successful? I'm curious who they're trying to have him emulate, in theory.

I believe he dropped the curve after the 22 season, essentially replacing it with his sweeper.  Similar velocity to the curve.

image.png

His sweeper has been his best pitch so far this year while his change has just been awful -- and I do believe it's the command issues.

Check the movement below

image.png

He's getting some of the best movement of his career -- I think he's missing, falling behind, and then throwing up meatballs.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

That alone doesn’t mean he’s awful. It is awful Suarez is still here though. 

Continuing to roster Suarez, in addition to the all the bad moves/decisions he's made mean he's awful. Yes, it's not just the Suarez thing. But the Suarez thing is another in the pile of bad decisions Perry has made.

4 minutes ago, BTH said:

Continuing to roster Suarez, in addition to the all the bad moves/decisions he's made mean he's awful. Yes, it's not just the Suarez thing. But the Suarez thing is another in the pile of bad decisions Perry has made.

Suarez has embarrassing photos of Washington AND Minasian.

10 hours ago, BTH said:

He has had very little success during his time in Anaheim. The same goes for the ones before him. I’m more inclined to believe this is an Arte problem