• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why isn't Jo Adell getting more playing time?

36 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I wasn't trying to troll doc in this thread. I guess I was doing some light trolling in the Rendon thread, as a treat.

8 hours ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

Adell has proven repeatedly that he doesn't deserve meaningful playing time. Rengifo should definitely be playing every day though

6 hours ago, Taylor said:

Wut

Adell has not been good both in the field and with the bat. However, I think he has more upside than Hicks and Moniak. He’s also been swinging the bat better than those two right now so he should be playing everyday until he falls apart. 

Edited by Jason

The poor baserunning play was bad, no excuse for it.  However, Adell seems to be making more consistent contact with the bat, and the ball jumps off of his bat.  

We need to see whether or not the bat continues to play.  If it does, then it means less time for Hicks or Moniak, I don't care which.  

I also feel like the baserunning mistakes will eliminate themselves over time, if Adell gets the time.  

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

Does Adell have any experience at first base?

I don't care, he'll be better than Moniak, so give it to him.

Hell, give him 3rd let Rengifo play 1st.

Wash's insistence on keeping him out of the lineup is absurd. For Hicks? LOL

I'll be the first to admit I doubted the guy for so long, but his time has come, he is seasoned to go, and he needs to be swinging the bat every single day.

I support him 100%

He will absolutely explode as a .285/30 HR guy, which is exactly what this team needs right now.

Adell at this point has won the right field job. 

Heck with Rendon out for the time being, I may try him at lead-off and bring everyone down a spot.

my lineup would be

Adell rf

Nolan 1b

Trout cf

Ward lf

Rengifo 2b

Sano 3b

Drury/moniak Dh

Ohoppe  C

Neto ss

1 hour ago, Adam said:

I wish they would just give Adell 600 PAs this year and next. We're gonna suck. Give the guy with talent an opportunity. 

I agree. Then they can definitely have enough information to decide on what to do with him. 

I posted this in the game thread last night but will bring it up again.

Per statcast, this year Adell has an expected batting average of .320 and expected slugging percentage of .562. He also has 2 HRs and 6 SBs in ~35 ABs. If you extrapolate that over a 600 AB full season he's pacing for 30 HRs and 70 SBs. 

So yes... in his 16 games in 2024, Adell has somehow legitimately produced at a Ronald Acuna level. He should probably be in the lineup everyday.

The smaller the sample size the greater chance for error extrapolating full season numbers. If Adell had any previous signs of being that statcast projection he never would have any playing restrictions. He has to prove those numbers and if you think he will reach them you are going to be disappointed. 

Wipe any slate you think Adell will be and wait for him to fill in the numbers. That way you don't make any batting champion expectations and have more appreciation for what he can do. 

38 minutes ago, Blarg said:

The smaller the sample size the greater chance for error extrapolating full season numbers. If Adell had any previous signs of being that statcast projection he never would have any playing restrictions. He has to prove those numbers and if you think he will reach them you are going to be disappointed. 

Wipe any slate you think Adell will be and wait for him to fill in the numbers. That way you don't make any batting champion expectations and have more appreciation for what he can do. 

Thank you for taking 5 sentences to write that we shouldn't expect Adell to produce at an MVP level all season. Truly brilliant contributions.

1 hour ago, Torridd said:

I agree. Then they can definitely have enough information to decide on what to do with him. 

I guess I am amused with the idea that Adell would even have to be good to get playing time on this roster.  You just play him.  And even if he hit .225 over the next 600 at bats this year you still play him every day next year too.  Let’s be honest.  This team has REGULARLY been pretty comfortable starting crappy players almost every day for a couple of years.  The Angels can pencil in a bunch of .200 hitters all over the diamond, but Adell has to mash to play?

18 minutes ago, samwum said:

Thank you for taking 5 sentences to write that we shouldn't expect Adell to produce at an MVP level all season. Truly brilliant contributions.

You are such an abrasive twat. I am the resident expert on being abrasive, and you sir are an abrasive twat. With all due respect. 

37 minutes ago, samwum said:

Thank you for posting something completely irrelevant then getting butthurt when someone responds to how it is just noise.