• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why isn't Jo Adell getting more playing time?

17 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I am not policing any forum. But you posted something that was superfluous crap and I commented on it. Post less crap, get better responses. 

I don't appreciate your comment on mine suggesting that I was expecting Adell to continue performing at an MVP or superstar level pace. I feel like you misinterpreted my post in bad faith in order to pick an argument with me and simultaneously you added no unique or original discussion to the thread. 

13 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Dude finally looks like his head is slowing the game down to where his talent can take over.  Its almost criminal that Hicks has been playing over him.

He’s still prone to boneheaded base running blunders but at this rate, you have to play him. Every day.

17 minutes ago, DMVol said:

He’s still prone to boneheaded base running blunders but at this rate, you have to play him. Every day.

People talk about his tools all the time and much like his tools Adell's self confidence is on another level.  It's not an arrogance thing, he simply truly believes in himself to the point where his biggest obstacle has been learning what he can't physically overcome.  He's finally at the point where he's figured some things out and and not trying to do too much with the bat, now he needs to figure out the base stealing... Experience is the best teacher, they need to play him especially when he's on a contact making roll because he is prone to slumps where he can't hit water falling out of a boat.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

You are such an abrasive twat. I am the resident expert on being abrasive, and you sir are an abrasive twat. With all due respect. 

I'm trying to find the Arrested Development GIF where Michael is in a police lineup, but the victim is bad at telling people apart, so he gets off Scot Free.

The Angels have no mission statement. They're non-committal to rebuilding and instead are "trying" to contend, which not only leads unnecessary business expenses (maintaining salary levels) but prolongs the possible development of the pieces that could make them successful in the future. This is literally the worst season to be a fan in the history of the Franchise. 

13 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Dude finally looks like his head is slowing the game down to where his talent can take over.  Its almost criminal that Hicks has been playing over him.

He looks better at the plate and defensively, but he needs to pull his head out of his ass on the basepaths still. 

49 minutes ago, Adam said:

This is literally the worst season to be a fan in the history of the Franchise. 

I disagree. I'm actually digging watching the Halos more this season than the past few years.

While the 90's sucked in the standings outside of '95, it was great to see Salmon, GA, Edmonds, Erstad, Glaus, Percy, etc. with some of the veterans like Chili Davis, Hudler, Finley, Abbott, Langston. 

Seeing those younger guys get the time in and do well all led up to a core that ultimately saw them win a championship together.

28 minutes ago, Chuck said:

I disagree. I'm actually digging watching the Halos more this season than the past few years.

While the 90's sucked in the standings outside of '95, it was great to see Salmon, GA, Edmonds, Erstad, Glaus, Percy, etc. with some of the veterans like Chili Davis, Hudler, Finley, Abbott, Langston. 

Seeing those younger guys get the time in and do well all led up to a core that ultimately saw them win a championship together.

It is hard to say that this is worse than the 1980 season.

28 minutes ago, Chuck said:

I also am enjoying watching some young players.  But I am also simultaneously more impatient with losing than ever.

So it is enjoyable to have some interesting players to follow and yet more tortuous than ever at the same time because I just hate the losing.

13 hours ago, samwum said:

I don't appreciate your comment on mine suggesting that I was expecting Adell to continue performing at an MVP or superstar level pace. I feel like you misinterpreted my post in bad faith in order to pick an argument with me and simultaneously you added no unique or original discussion to the thread. 

First time at AW? You’ll see that kind of rhetoric is a frequent occurrence around here.

23 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I also am enjoying watching some young players.  But I am also simultaneously more impatient with losing than ever.

So it is enjoyable to have some interesting players to follow and yet more tortuous than ever at the same time because I just hate the losing.

I am fine with losing if it is intentional in the sense that there's a plan in place to rebuild. Losing with the misguided intent to win is awful. That's why this year sucks. 

23 minutes ago, Adam said:

I am fine with losing if it is intentional in the sense that there's a plan in place to rebuild. Losing with the misguided intent to win is awful. That's why this year sucks. 

Which is you misunderstanding the situation. They only spent on the pen in the offseason, and all but one of those arms is “flipable” at the deadline.  They didn’t spend big with a goal to compete. They signed guys that could be moved or released. 

11 minutes ago, Adam said:

I agree with this 100%. I don’t think the team has the organizational depth, strength or structure that allows a team to just rebuild on the fly. They need to go through a lengthy, genuine rebuild. That will involve some lean years where they let the kids play and go through their growing pains. The team needs to amass good draft prospects to restock the farm, and hopefully get the right baseball ops and player development structures in place.

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Which is you misunderstanding the situation. They only spent on the pen in the offseason, and all but one of those arms is “flipable” at the deadline.  They didn’t spend big with a goal to compete. They signed guys that could be moved or released. 

This is true. 

26 minutes ago, Stradling said:

The big trade chip at the deadline, if he keeps it up and we aren't close in the Wild Card, would be Anderson.  So far, he has tracked his 2022 season, which was outstanding.  He would be worth a good prospect if he keeps it up.  Maybe not a Top 10 premium prospect, but a very good prospect.  The question is will Arte sign off on trading anybody if we're still anywhere close in the Wild Card hunt.  We'll see. 

3 minutes ago, DMVol said:

The big trade chip at the deadline, if he keeps it up and we aren't close in the Wild Card, would be Anderson.  So far, he has tracked his 2022 season, which was outstanding.  He would be worth a good prospect if he keeps it up.  Maybe not a Top 10 premium prospect, but a very good prospect.  The question is will Arte sign off on trading anybody if we're still anywhere close in the Wild Card hunt.  We'll see. 

Lot of BP pieces could be in mix plus Drury and maybe Sano or Ward.

41 minutes ago, Stradling said:

The situation is that they could have moved Ohtani each of the last two deadlines and did not, and instead made illegitimate moves last year in a vain attempt at making the playoffs, and have done nothing since to communicate any type of plan for the future. Trading some bullpen scrubs for low level prospects this year does little. 

They need to get with Trout and find out what teams he'd go to, move him, Ward and Anderson this year if those guys are healthy and productive.

I hope they do. That would be awesome. There's no reason to think it will.

23 minutes ago, Adam said:

The situation is that they could have moved Ohtani each of the last two deadlines and did not, and instead made illegitimate moves last year in a vain attempt at making the playoffs, and have done nothing since to communicate any type of plan for the future. Trading some bullpen scrubs for low level prospects this year does little. 

I 100% agree with this and it still bums me out that we didn't trade him ahead of last season or at the very least the trade deadline. 

Heard that the Dodgers were offering Michael Busch and Pepiot at the deadline. Huge swing and miss by Perry and Arte. 

10 minutes ago, Chuck said:

I 100% agree with this and it still bums me out that we didn't trade him ahead of last season or at the very least the trade deadline. 

Heard that the Dodgers were offering Michael Busch and Pepiot at the deadline. Huge swing and miss by Perry and Arte. 

Definitely not blaming Perry for not trading Ohtani that's all on Arte. Reports were Perry wanted to trade Ohtani 2 deadlines ago when they probably could have gotten someone's top 5 prospects