• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why isn't Jo Adell getting more playing time?

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

He'll never be good enough for some folks.

He deserves to play for a playoff team, like Philly.

You have to wonder why Marsh was allowed to go to Philly instead of Adell, right Taylor?

10 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

You have to wonder why Marsh was allowed to go to Philly instead of Adell, right Taylor?

Marsh had trade value at the time and Adell was on the IL. 

42 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

Adell didn't have the value at the time to bring in an O'Hoppe. I imagine Adell's value is much higher now.

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

Pretending like that’s all the information necessary to judge him on that play is beneath you Tank. 

well, i could gather videos of his continued keystone cop approach to playing defense, but i don't think chuck has the bandwidth to support such an endeavor.

11 minutes ago, Tank said:

well, i could gather videos of his continued keystone cop approach to playing defense, but i don't think chuck has the bandwidth to support such an endeavor

Weird, I didn't see you harping on Neto's shitty defense last season.

And Neto wasn't hitting .327 with a .974 OPS.

18 minutes ago, Taylor said:

what are you insinuating?

edit: asking for a friend

Edited by Slegnaac

47 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

When he makes a bad play, it's so bad that it really stands out.  Overall though, he's good enough to be out there.  He's never going to be great because he's really not all that coordinated as odd as that sounds.  Reminds me of Upton in a way where he'd just fly to a ball getting to places that others couldn't but when it came time to move his hands and arms in a way to catch the ball it looked like he just got them.  

The awkwardness is never going to fully go away.  But he's fine and this team should have it's focus on improving in way more spots.  He needs to play every.single.day for the rest of the year.  

I think that the awkwardness will eventually disappear.  Worse OF’s have already been mentioned in this thread, and others.  And, no one, myself included, would have predicted that Jo Adell would be leading the team in batting average and OPS at the end of the first month of the season.

3 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

When he makes a bad play, it's so bad that it really stands out.  Overall though, he's good enough to be out there.  He's never going to be great because he's really not all that coordinated as odd as that sounds.  Reminds me of Upton in a way where he'd just fly to a ball getting to places that others couldn't but when it came time to move his hands and arms in a way to catch the ball it looked like he just got them.  

The awkwardness is never going to fully go away.  But he's fine and this team should have it's focus on improving in way more spots.  He needs to play every.single.day for the rest of the year.  

Well he's better than anyone else we have so.

3 hours ago, AngelStew43 said:

I think that the awkwardness will eventually disappear. 

Boy that would surprise me.  His fine motor skills suck.  I think he might start to get himself more under control with skill development, but his natural motion will never be graceful.  But the point is, as you mentioned as well, that he's primed for a lot of reps.  

Raise your hand if you thought Jo Adell would have a 50 PA stretch like this? 

It's fun.   

6 hours ago, Taylor said:

that has nothing to do with this discussion about adell being so poor at defense. 

but since you asked, there's a pretty big difference in an elite defender making a few errors at a prime position in his first year in the bigs vs. a guy who's been kicking the ball around since he first came up four years ago, and still looks awkward playing his position. did you see him botch that fly ball to right saturday night? if not, there's a pretty good chance you'll see something similar from him during this new week.

while adell is having a nice start in his hitting, the fact is he's still awful defensively and runs the bases like a jr. high player. is it not allowed to be unhappy with these parts of his game? 

6 hours ago, Tank said:

that has nothing to do with this discussion about adell being so poor at defense. 

but since you asked, there's a pretty big difference in an elite defender making a few errors at a prime position in his first year in the bigs vs. a guy who's been kicking the ball around since he first came up four years ago, and still looks awkward playing his position. did you see him botch that fly ball to right saturday night? if not, there's a pretty good chance you'll see something similar from him during this new week.

while adell is having a nice start in his hitting, the fact is he's still awful defensively and runs the bases like a jr. high player. is it not allowed to be unhappy with these parts of his game? 

By botching that fly ball to right you mean, Trout was calling him off and he differed to Trout?  Only to have the ball bounce off his leg.  Of course it is allowed for you to be critical, when it makes sense. That play, where he is called off and gives the right away to Trout, getting upset at him about that is the equivalent of getting upset at him about his base running after he gets called out stealing a base, and the replay shows he was safe.  So yea, get upset when he drops a ball, or makes an awful throw to the wrong base, be critical when it makes sense to be critical, not just because it is Jo and something happened.

I've always been a big fan of Adell. Washington called him out on play he did not slide. That stuff should have been kept in house. I'd be curious see how Adell feels about RW. He should have been starting from day 1 this season. I think 30 hr and 30 sb for Jo this year..