• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why isn't Jo Adell getting more playing time?

6 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

You never have any problem imaging things, so try imaging this.

MAYBE Washington wants something more out of the development in Adell and Moniak and wants them to work harder, be more hungry, be more disciplined, and more committed to elevating their game, and he is putting a reachable target in front of them in Hicks who maybe carries himself the way Washington wants Adell to carry himself?  Maybe?

I really wonder if you are capable of accepting that what I wrote above is JUST AS LIKELY as you imaging that Wash has something personal against Adell?

*Imagining.

5 hours ago, BTH said:

The last thing I’m worried about is getting guys playing time.

If Adell is healthy the entire season and only has 200 PAs or whatever at season end, then we can talk.

Guys will get injured or struggle, and everyone will get plenty of playing time.

I get it, and it's very very early. But it speaks to a complete lack of direction with those two in particular. They didn't sign a single starter because they wanted to see if their own guys could bounce back under new coaching, and they're all still pretty young. They didn't sign a quality INF or JDM/Soler/Turner because, in theory, they wanted to free up at bats for quote "some guys that are out of options" (Perry). So to bring in Hicks when OF was your positional strength and you have two young talented guys that are out of options, just doesn't make sense. 

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

Yeah, but come on Taylor.  It didn’t take long for you to end up talking about a BLM shirt.

You have made it very easy to view your takes as a bit contaminated by your way of thinking.

I understand.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Why does Adell have to "earn" playing time while Hicks and Sano just get it automatically? Both those guys' glory days are long in the past. Sano didn't play at all last season and the Yankees dumped Hicks.

Dude, Sano is performing exactly how he did when he was good.  He's pretty much a three outcome guy.

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

Typos suck.  I bet I have to go back and make typo corrections on 80% of my posts.

If I had a penny for every time I either mistyped or auto-correct changed something up for me on a tablet or phone..   

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

If I had a penny for every time I either mistyped or auto-correct changed something up for me on a tablet or phone..   

You'd have like 14 cents?

16 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

I get it, and it's very very early. But it speaks to a complete lack of direction with those two in particular. They didn't sign a single starter because they wanted to see if their own guys could bounce back under new coaching, and they're all still pretty young. They didn't sign a quality INF or JDM/Soler/Turner because, in theory, they wanted to free up at bats for quote "some guys that are out of options" (Perry). So to bring in Hicks when OF was your positional strength and you have two young talented guys that are out of options, just doesn't make sense. 

I agree with this. Completely speculative, but I think the seemingly unclear direction is based on Trout and Rendon still being on the roster and wanting to compete, as well as a manager like Ron Washington not signing on for a rebuild. Washington’s stated goal is to run down the AL West. They’re trying to win, and Wash has said he’ll stick with the players who are performing. That probably means Hicks and Sano until injuries force the issue. IP said in another thread that the team is “rebuilding… ish.” That’s a difficult needle to thread. Teams need a great baseball ops department as well as great minor league depth to make that work.

57 minutes ago, Taylor said:

*were

🙂

The mistake I wish everyone would correct is the misuse of the word “myself.”  It has essentially just replaced the word “me.”

”If you have any questions about the presentation, just contact Dave or myself and we will help you.”

No, it’s just “me.”  “Contact me. . .”

I don’t even get how anybody can get this wrong when the word “me” is so basic and easy.

”Myself” is a reflective word.  It is only correct when “I” is the subject of the sentence.

“I always give myself at least 20 minutes to get ready.”

“I view myself as a solid employee.”

“When I sprained my ankle I took myself to the doctor.”

Anyway, it’s a bit of a curse to notice this one because it is rampant and widespread and, for me, it’s cringy.  I kind of think people using “myself” in place of “me” think it sounds more intelligent or something.  I was at a college tour presentation and the presenter said something like “After graduating, this was clearly the best role for myself.”  This coming from someone selling the value of the education they got there.

Nails on a chalkboard.

If I ask MYSELF how I feel about this post, I would say it was too long and possible pathetically boring.

So feel free to hit ME with the “lighten up Francis” meme.

8 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

The mistake I wish everyone would correct is the misuse of the word “myself.”  It has essentially just replaced the word “me.”

”If you have any questions about the presentation, just contact Dave or myself and we will help you.”

I don’t even get how anybody can get this wrong when the word “me” is so basic and easy.

”Myself” is a reflective word.  It is only correct when “I” is the subject of the sentence.

Anyway, it’s a bit of a curse to notice this one because it is rampant and widespread and, for me, it’s cringy.  I kind of think people using “myself” in place of “me” think it sounds more intelligent or something.  I was at a college tour presentation and the presenter said something like “After graduating, this was clearly the best role for myself.”  This coming from someone selling the value of the education they got there.

Nails on a chalkboard.

If I ask MYSELF how I feel about this post, I would say it was too long and possible pathetically boring.

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

10 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

Ha!  Check this out.

My two friends were in a Wendy’s ages ago, decades before any meme.

The Wendy’s employee took their order and then asked them, “Will this be for the dining room?”

And my friend said, “Nah, we’ll just eat it here.”

In my mind, that is the ultimate “Sir, this is a Wendy’s” where Wendy’s is the buffoon.

Edited by Dtwncbad

14 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Nails on a chalkboard.

I’m an English teacher. The misuse of “myself” is one of my biggest pet peeves.

2 hours ago, ThisismineScios said:

I think they’re trying to balance winning games and giving young players opportunities.

Like I said, I’m not worried about them not having enough ABs for guys.

If signing Hicks or Sanó forced Adell/Moniak off the roster, that’d be an issue. But it didn’t, and Adell/Moniak will get PT eventually.

I am sure if (or when) the Angels start to suck we will get a full dose of Adell, Moniak and Rengifo so the front office can make a decision for 2025 and beyond with those guys. As of now Hicks, Drury and Sano having seasons at their career best give us a better chance of winning and finding something magical