• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If Trout is out for the year, I'm trading Ohtani

Will Ohtani sign a contract with a better team?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Will Ohtani sign a contract with a better team?

• Yes
    • And...yes, too

Obviously we don't know how bad his injury is, but let's say it is a hamate fracture and he's out until September. If I'm the Angels, I'm seriously entertaining offers for Ohtani. 

There are 20 games before the trade deadline. That should be plenty to be certain whether the Angels can somehow perform a miracle. But...once we get that diagnosis, it might be time to turn the page on 2023 and Ohtani.

Edited by Angelsjunky

This team is cursed, it’s seriously the only explanation. 

Any player that is performing this year gets immediately injured. Any rookie that does half decent, hurt. 

this isn’t normal. But the time they are back we will be out of the playoff picture and it will take 2 months for Neto and O’hoppe to get into a groove. 

Just now, TroutField said:

Any player that is performing this year gets immediately injured. Any rookie that does half decent, hurt. 

this isn’t normal. But the time they are back we will be out of the playoff picture and it will take 2 months for Neto and O’hoppe to get into a groove. 

Kind of seems that way, doesn't it?

As someone who is 1/100th of the athlete of Trout and without the benefit of the Angels medical staff (advantage: me?), I've done something very similar. I tweaked it on a dry swing and thought/hoped it was nothing. Got into the game and let it rip, hurt like hell and shelved me for a few months. I hope I'm wrong but that looked eerily similar and did not look good. 

I think our OF depth is probably the strongest right now out of all the positions. Wouldn’t mind Adell up and seeing him and the other 3 rotating and seeing what they can do. Trout’s last few months of production shouldn’t be that hard to replace. Obviously a trout hitting on all cylinders is more upside than anyone besides Ohtani can produce but it’s not the doomsday that a lot will make it out.

3 minutes ago, IheartLA said:

I think our OF depth is probably the strongest right now out of all the positions. Wouldn’t mind Adell up and seeing him and the other 3 rotating and seeing what they can do. Trout’s last few months of production shouldn’t be that hard to replace. Obviously a trout hitting on all cylinders is more upside than anyone besides Ohtani can produce but it’s not the doomsday that a lot will make it out.

Maybe that’s the case if Taylor Ward was hitting like he did the first half of last year and Renfroe didn’t turn into a pumpkin aside from his 5-5 in Colorado. Moniak is doing good in limited at bats but I’m sure once he gets full time at bats he will come crashing back to earth based on his k:bb ratio, we have all seen what Adell can do at the major league level, and it’s not great. 

we are fucked.  

Losing the 2023 version of Mike Trout may not be that big a deal.  We lose little by having a little more MM in center.  Heck, bring up Adell. As someone previously mentioned, we’re doing pretty good in the outfield position.  For anyone not watching the games, Trout was striking out way too much.  

If they aren’t gonna make the playoffs, I would like to see them spiral so hard that it makes Arte want to sell again (but actually follow through this time).

When he decided to initially put them up, it seemed like part of the decision was fatigue from the org’s poor results.

If that happens again AND Ohtani leaves, maybe he decides to follow through this time?

I want Ohtani to stay, but he's leaving. You can see it when he plays, he just looks defeated being here. And I don't blame him at all. Eff this ess. 

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

Let the rebuild begin.

I am so sick of hearing this. 

1 hour ago, TroutField said:

Let's change the name to Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim to become a laughingstock to everyone. 

Right after the Anaheim Angels win the World Series.

For profit. 

They've never been the same since. 

That is all. 

7 hours ago, bloodbrother said:

Well the timing was good in a sense I guess, since it could force the orgs hand regarding Ohtani and trading him. Obviously hope it's minor but Trout's quotes don't sound encouraging.

Not happening….just don’t think Arte will pull the trigger…..