• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If Trout is out for the year, I'm trading Ohtani

Will Ohtani sign a contract with a better team?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Will Ohtani sign a contract with a better team?

• Yes
    • And...yes, too

Forever it was complaining that Trout had to do it himself.

Now the Angels have a player better than Trout, and the answer is punt on the season if they have to go without Trout for a bit?

So stupid.

How about open up a possible narrative where the rest of the roster evolves and comes together?

That’s what has to happen anyway to get to a World Series.  So let it play out.

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

Forever it was complaining that Trout had to do it himself.

Now the Angels have a player better than Trout, and the answer is punt on the season if they have to go without Trout for a bit?

So stupid.

How about open up a possible narrative where the rest of the roster evolves and comes together?

That’s what has to happen anyway to get to a World Series.  So let it play out.

But you can’t have that narrative and be a victim at the same time. Not that I think the OP plays the victim card but so many on here do. You know, curses and such. 

Moreno certainly deserves some criticism for plenty of things.  But there is also this lingering emotional baggage that drives people to believe that nothing good is ever going to happen to this team until he is gone.

So when Trout hurts his wrist, the default if to almost root for Moreno to trade the best player in the game to further cement him as an idiot failure.

It’s dumb. 

Edited by Dtwncbad

Moreno certainly deserves some criticism for plenty of things.  But there is also this lingering emotional baggage that drives people to believe that nothing good is ever going to happen to this team until he is gone.

So when Trout hurts his wrist, the default if to almost root for Moreno to trade the best player in the game to further cement him as an idiot failure.weird on the front six dollars yeah because I have a card

It’s dumb. 

It’s dumb and it’s lazy.
Trout hurts his wrist:

“fuck Arte, sell the team”

I think the team has enough talent to survive Trout being out for a bit.  Frankly, I would be more motivated now to pursue an impact player to acquire.  Then, when it matters most, the return of Trout is a huge boost to an improved team.

Go to war fellas!  Let’s go!

Exactly. Let's go Perry!

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

Ok. So you can get two mediocre packages for him. Also you are still trading him to one team who has to have prospect capital. 

I am not supporting the idea of trading him.  I just think he would bring back more than skeptics think because he is an impact player as pitcher and as a hitter.

However trading him while he is on pace to tie the AL HR record and the greatest season performance in history is not going to happen.

Edited by stormngt

I don’t think more rentals is the way to go.

Now, if a solid player with at least 2 years control after this season is available, definitely pursue him.

Work to do the best you can for this season AND going forward, which means the above plus determining which of the young relievers will best fit in the late innings going forward, and seeing if Adell can finally get the job done up here.

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

Not a fire sale but Ohtani, Renfroe, Moore, Devenski, Escobar, Moose, Loup, Anderson. Many good young players to build from, Neto, O'Hoppe, Moniak, Adell, Detmers, Canning, Joyce, Bachman, Thaiss.

That kind of seems like a "fire sale."

2 hours ago, WicketMaiden said:

Is the sky falling in too?

Even if it's a broken bone, Trout will be swinging a bat again in the middle of August. A week of that absence will be for the All-star game; Moniak will cover half of Trout's missed games and he's doing pretty well; and Trout wasn't really himself this year at the plate: so how much of a loss is it really? One game lost? Two, three? Then add to that there is a fair chance that Trout comes back raking after his break and is fresh and revitalised at the plate.

And some of you want to trade the best bloody baseball player that has ever played the game? While he is having a career season? Performing at a level that has never been seen before?

Numpties.

What is a hamate bone fracture? Explaining Mike Trout's injury and potential recovery time for Angels star (msn.com)

He won't be swinging mid August. He's done for the year. 

Recovery from a simple hamate bone fracture takes about six-to-eight weeks, according to Medical News Today. From there, a restrengthening process in the form of physical therapy can add another few weeks to the timeline.

As we all know, there are no simple injuries with this team. 

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

So when Trout hurts his wrist, the default if to almost root for Moreno to trade the best player in the game to further cement him as an idiot failure.

It’s dumb. 

Not certain some don't already view him this way, Given how many blame him for the team's mediocrity for so many years only to hear him cite his "passion" as a reason not to sell the team. Which, I guess, explains his treatment of the Angels minor league players as well? Then, now, to make matters worse, his narrative will be challenged even more if he lets Ohtani walk away without any compensation. So...yeah...sad to say, many, already, view him this way & given the "damned if he does/doesn't" with Ohtani...it's, likely, a label that will endure...