• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If Trout is out for the year, I'm trading Ohtani

Will Ohtani sign a contract with a better team?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Will Ohtani sign a contract with a better team?

• Yes
    • And...yes, too

3 games back in W/C now. Trout again big question mark going forward. Ohtani losing protection in lineup. No time to cry and feel sorry for your team. Do what's best going forward. Young players in Neto, O'Hoppe, Moniak, Adell, Detmers, Sandoval plus others to build around. Get what you can in Ohtani trade and others you might trade. Many teams looking for starters maybe a team would take Tyler Anderson. Lot to think about going forward and Minasian will work the hand he has been dealt. Looking to see what happens in next few weeks.

9 hours ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

Given how bad the historical returns have been in these kinds of trades, I'd rather just watch Ohtani put up an all time great season with is and leave for nothing than get another Austin Gomber

Remember Ohtani isnt a great pitcher veing traded.  Its a grear pitcher and a great hitter.  He isnt a just a rental.  He us two rental.  Cant compare him to other trades 

1 minute ago, stormngt said:

Remember Ohtani isnt a great pitcher veing traded.  Its a grear pitcher and a great hitter.  He isnt a just a rental.  He us two rental.  Cant compare him to other trades 

He’s a rental. Rentals don’t get you much of a return the last several years. 

I think Perry and Arte need to sit down with Ohtani and see what he wants. Maybe he wants to stay where he started and finish out his contract. Maybe he doesn’t want to leave his teammates via trade.  Maybe he does. Maybe he wants to carry the team.

Arte always seemed like a player’s owner. I would assume there is some relationship built where these discussions can, or have taken place.

7 minutes ago, Sully151 said:

I think Perry and Arte need to sit down with Ohtani and see what he wants. Maybe he wants to stay where he started and finish out his contract. Maybe he doesn’t want to leave his teammates via trade.  Maybe he does. Maybe he wants to carry the team.

Arte always seemed like a player’s owner. I would assume there is some relationship built where these discussions can, or have taken place.

I really don't see management going to Ohtani and asking if he wants to be traded.

Why would they do that?  What happens if he says yes, I want to go to the Yankees, Dodgers or Mets?  Now those teams have you over the barrel. 

IF they go to Ohtani it would have to be after they have a framework deal In place,  not before.

I think the chances of being trade are negligible. 

Edited by Slegnaac

1 minute ago, Slegnaac said:

I really don't see management going to Ohtani and asking if he wants to be traded.

Why would they do that?  What happens if he says yes, I want to go to the Yankees, Dodgers or Mets?  Now those teams have you over the barrel. 

IF they go to Ohtani it would have to be after they have a framework deal In place,  not before.

I think the chances of being trade are negligible. 

Once he says he wants to be traded you don’t care where he wants to go. You give him to the team that offers the most value back. Which could be the Reds or Orioles. 

1 minute ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

That's probably about the package you're getting for a half year rental anyway. Smith-Shawver, Grissom, and some filler. 

Yep. It isn’t some haul. It’s a couple of guys that could be on a 25 man roster. 

43 minutes ago, Sully151 said:

No chance this happens during the season. 

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Ok. So you can get two mediocre packages for him. Also you are still trading him to one team who has to have prospect capital. 

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

He’s a rental. Rentals don’t get you much of a return the last several years. 

You may be right but there has never been an Ohtani on the market before….He is truly a unicorn…

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Once he says he wants to be traded you don’t care where he wants to go. You give him to the team that offers the most value back. Which could be the Reds or Orioles. 

So what is the point in asking if he wants to be traded?

I’m in the keep and every attempt to re-sign Ohtani camp, even if having to put in an opt out after 3 years.

I finally realized after last night that I’m just hoping now for them to finally end the under .500 seasons streak at 7.   Let the young players get more experience for next season, and make that the season to finally contend as an incentive for him to stay.

It’s time for Arte to go over the tax threshold for the next 3 seasons (until Rendon’s contract ends).   At least consider how much extra revenue Ohtani brings in, in addition to the total WAR he adds to the team.

The tax penalties aren’t that bad until the 3rd straight season.   So, only 2026 would see stricter penalties if going over the threshold the next 3 seasons.

Edited by Angel Oracle