• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Arte Moreno announces he is no longer looking to sell the Angels

mmc

21 minutes ago, jordan said:

Maybe a coincidence that Ohtani shows up in Tempe yesterday and today Arte pulls out of the sale.  Maybe his “unfinished business” involves Ohtani. 

Completely wishful thinking, but almost makes sense.

Lets say he wants $3.5B (or some such).

Bidders tell him it's not worth that, without an Ohtani extension.

Arte realizes that all he has to do is spend someone else's future money, signs Ohtani to ridiculous deal.

Arte sells again, we benefit.

🤞

#ArteOut.

I’m at the point where I will no longer watch or attend games until he is gone.

Clearly my interest in the Halos has wained considerably over the last decade due to gross ownership mismanagement.

Arte has to go.

Ohtani has no reason to sign an extension. This is not impacting a potential sale. Stop it people. 

3 minutes ago, YouthofToday said:

#ArteOut.

Clearly my interest in the Halos has wained considerably over the last decade due to gross ownership mismanagement.

Arte has to go.

Ohtani has no reason to sign an extension. This is not impacting a potential sale. Stop it people. 

and if he extends Ohtani are you still going to feel the same way? 

I wouldn't be able to wrap my mind around this owner extending two generational players during his ownership, in addition to signing two Hall of Famers in Vladimir Guerrero and Albert Pujols. We all feel the same way about Pujols now, but when Arte signed him he was regarded as the best owner in the game. 

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

and if he extends Ohtani are you still going to feel the same way? 

I wouldn't be able to wrap my mind around this owner extending two generational players during his ownership, in addition to signing two Hall of Famers in Vladimir Guerrero and Albert Pujols. We all feel the same way about Pujols now, but when Arte signed him he was regarded as the best owner in the game. 

I have very different recollections when we signed the Albertross.

Regardless, this team desperately needs new ownership that is competent. The shocking number of unfathomably bad decisions since the Napoli trade is truly impressive.

Arte is basically the more emotional and incompetent version of Jerry Jones. Sad truth. 

37 minutes ago, jordan said:

Maybe a coincidence that Ohtani shows up in Tempe yesterday and today Arte pulls out of the sale.  Maybe his “unfinished business” involves Ohtani. 

Probably has more to do with the WBC than Arte.  Even though pitchers and catchers report around Valentines day.  Since he's on Team Japan, he has to go back to Japan to play his pool games.  

12 minutes ago, YouthofToday said:

#ArteOut.

Arte has to go.

Source: @Chuckster70

I actually am wondering if offers were low because of the risk of losing Ohtani and Moreno is going to try to re-sign Ohtani and then get in contact with interested parties after the season if he's successful. 

Arte ain’t the problem. The problem is all these modern day stat nerds. We won a championship playing old fashioned baseball and listening to fat boys gut. Yes we fell short a few times but we were respectable. We started playing nerd ball and have sucked ever since. We need to get back to signing a team full of tobacco chewing  boys that ain’t afraid to get dirty. 

Edited by Kotchman

2 hours ago, jordan said:

With Ohtani and Trout, the Angels worth couldn’t be greater.  If Arte holds on to this team and let’s Ohtani walk, and doesn’t do even more to get Angels to the playoff, no way, no how he gets any where near $2B in 4-5 years.  

Sure, he does.

3 minutes ago, YouthofToday said:

Baseball team’s valuations have little to due with current player talent in the organization. That’s not how this works. Like at all.

it’s all about the size of the market, ability to monetize fans at the 81 home games, and local TV broadcast revenues. 

You seriously think Ohtani doesn't add value to the franchise? He adds a shit ton of value to the team. 

1 minute ago, Pancake Bear said:

You seriously think Ohtani doesn't add value to the franchise? He adds a shit ton of value to the team. 

He also will get market wages in his next contract. If a prospective owner is willing to spend an additional $100 million for the team based on whether Ohtani is locked up to a market level contract… I really question their understanding of the economics of sports.

Whatever extra revenue Ohtani brings that exceeds his wages will be gone when he leaves the team. 

8 minutes ago, Biergott said:

Fred Roggin (take it with a grain of salt) basically said he couldn’t get what he wanted, and it’s not because he has unfinished business or is a fan.

who the hell knows.  But without an Ohtani extension this is awful

This is obvious. The Mets sold in 2020 for $2.4 billion I think.

Since then the Suns majority owner purchased his stake at a valuation of $4 billion. Chelsea Football Club sold for $4.5 billion. The Broncos sold for $4.65 billion.

It seems likely Arte wasn’t getting offers for more than $2.5 billion. He wanted $3.5 billion.

it will be very interesting how much the next MLB sale is…

Really something that the NBA teams are now valued at considerably higher levels than MLB teams.

I suspect MLB is extremely worried about future franchise valuation appreciation. You don’t take radical steps like the universal DH, banning the shift, and pitch clocks without considerable fear. And I support the universal DH and pitch clock.