• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Arte Moreno announces he is no longer looking to sell the Angels

mmc

6 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Arte just accomplished a number of things:

1). He now likely knows his best buyer

2). He took himself off the clock on the sale

3). He postured for bids to go higher

4). He gets media and fans to leave them alone while they continue to interact with potential buyers in private

Right now is probably the worst time to sell (or buy), with all these interest rate hikes and threats of recession.  He probably didn't get the offers he was expecting, and wants to ride it out till the economy turns.

Just now, bloodbrother said:

So now keeping Nevin on a 1yr deal is completely pointless. Seemed obvious it was done as to not saddle new ownership with having to step in with a Manager under contract for multiple years and they could find their own guy

I think a lot of the moves this off-season were made with the assumption that a new owner would be in place by 2024. Now, even if the Angels miraculously win the WS or go deep into the playoffs, there's still not much consistency in players or coaches/managers beyond this season. 

Just now, AngelsLakersFan said:

Maybe Arte just realized this morning that he was the problem, and he decided that today is the day he is going to be the change in his life that this franchise needs!

Rumor has it he spent the weekend with Tony Robbins.

3 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Right now is probably the worst time to sell (or buy), with all these interest rate hikes and threats of recession.  He probably didn't get the offers he was expecting, and wants to ride it out till the economy turns.

Yeah maybe.  So all 4 of my bullet points would be consistent with what you are suggesting.

Just now, Dtwncbad said:

Mybe, maybe not.  The point is people sometimes posture in business transactions.

If you want to pretend otherwise, feel free.

If this is Moreno's way of posturing in an attempt to drive up the price, it's laughably amateurish. Though now that I think about it, that's actually par for the course with him, so maybe you ARE right...

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

If this is Moreno's way of posturing in an attempt to drive up the price, it's laughably amateurish. Though now that I think about it, that's actually par for the course with him, so maybe you ARE right...

I seem to remember that Jackie Autry did the same thing when the Disney sale didn't go through and a few months later, the sale had been done. 

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

Ohtani is the team's biggest asset. Only way the posturing theory works is if Moreno convinces Ohtani to sign an extension. If he doesn't and then puts the team back on the market, he's just lost value. And if he waits a year or two, the the team is likely to be worth less due to our best players being older. If his goal is to make more money of the sale, this is the dumbest way ever to do it.