• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Arte Moreno announces he is no longer looking to sell the Angels

mmc

8 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Yea I thought about Adenhart after I made my post.

Haven’t we been through enough crap already?  God I think learned my lessons but could you ease up a little bit?  I mean, I was so. optimistic.  90 wins this year then we charge into the future.  Damn it.

Edited by Revad

38 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Can you stop this BS?

No he can’t.  He’s a failure at life and his wife treats him terribly and so he comes on here and purposely antagonizes people to try to suppress that inner rage.  It’s probably for the best.  All of us having to tolerate him has probably saved a number of people in a potential mass shooting.

You could almost say we’re heroes.

So I was listening to Mason and Ireland today when the news broke. Been a fan for years, since the Go Go Zelasko days in SD, but they are really clueless to all things Angels.

Their immediate narrative was to create a trade package for Ohtani to the Dodgers prior to opening day. SMH.

They were unable to deduce this means Ohtani is not getting traded right now. They were including players in positions we don't need help in. They have no idea what the Angels needs are. Clueless. Dumb and dumber clueless. You would think they would maybe spend 30 minutes each week researching the Angels so they don't come off as idiots. I mean it's their job. And if they are dumb and dumber then their their producer, Greg, is dumbest. He should be prepared enough to at least help them make it through an Angels discussion without coming off as clueless.

Do better John Ireland and Steve Mason. 

Here’s what I think happened.  I messed with Doc and Second Base.  I know better but sometimes do things anyway.  Then I said something like:   We’re Angels fans, we dont get what we want.  Meanwhile, Artie is out doing his thing.  Damn it.

24 minutes ago, TempeAngel said:

So I was listening to Mason and Ireland today when the news broke. Been a fan for years, since the Go Go Zelasko days in SD, but they are really clueless to all things Angels.

Their immediate narrative was to create a trade package for Ohtani to the Dodgers prior to opening day. SMH.

They were unable to deduce this means Ohtani is not getting traded right now. They were including players in positions we don't need help in. They have no idea what the Angels needs are. Clueless. Dumb and dumber clueless. You would think they would maybe spend 30 minutes each week researching the Angels so they don't come off as idiots. I mean it's their job. And if they are dumb and dumber then their their producer, Greg, is dumbest. 

I can't listen to LA sports talk, hasn't been good since the days of Jim Healy and the old McDonnel Douglas show on KMPC (Joe McDonnel & Doug Krikorian).  

2 hours ago, stormngt said:

There is some truth to this.  We have sucked since playing nerd ball.  However, that doesn't mean there is causal relationship 

The nfl is a prime example of analytical group think. For the last 10-15 years teams have bent over backwards tryimg to get the next mobile qb so the coach can impress us with these RPOs and two point conversion strategies. It’s worked about twice with Wilson and mahomes. Nobody stops to realize the other 13 Super Bowls have been won by the traditional flat footed white slinging it from the pocket. 
Im not opposed to using data but it can lead  to group think.  I use data on my weather app daily. That said it’s still important to use my own eyes and ears with snow and thunderstorms. Blindly following the forecast app can put you in some dangerous situations in the Midwest. 

1 hour ago, TempeAngel said:

They were unable to deduce this means Ohtani is not getting traded right now. They were including players in positions we don't need help in. They have no idea what the Angels needs are. Clueless. Dumb and dumber clueless. You would think they would maybe spend 30 minutes each week researching the Angels so they don't come off as idiots. I mean it's their job. And if they are dumb and dumber then their their producer, Greg, is dumbest. He should be prepared enough to at least help them make it through an Angels discussion without coming off as clueless.

I was listening to their show when they broke the news as well.  I mostly listen to them because they're entertaining and they do stupid bits that make me laugh and gets me through the work day.  Need to remember they're not analysts or journalists and to take their opinions with a grain of salt.  I listen closely whenever Momo (Ramona) is on the show because she's actually a journalist and knows what she's talking about when it comes to the NBA and the Lakers.  I agree their Angels takes are stupid and misinformed, but they're not paid to care about the Angels and it doesn't seem like many Angels fans listens to ESPN 710 ever since they lost the Angel radio games to AM 830. 

Arte realized that franchises from the major sports leagues don't lose value.  He purchased the Angels for less than 200 million, can flip the team right now for 2-3 billion easily, and in 10 years it probably doubles again. 

Our only hope is for Arte to realize he's flush with capital and can afford to go a bit more crazy with payroll. Not holding my breath though. 

13 minutes ago, Rico said:

Arte realized that franchises from the major sports leagues don't lose value.  He purchased the Angels for less than 200 million, can flip the team right now for 2-3 billion easily, and in 10 years it probably doubles again. 

Our only hope is for Arte to realize he's flush with capital and can afford to go a bit more crazy with payroll. Not holding my breath though. 

I'm expecting if Shohei leaves, the valuation will good down a few hundred million.    Arte realizes that he's making a lot of money on the Angels by skimping out on the other aspects of the team and not spending too high on the roster, while the team worth increases every year.  Arte can be even worse as an owner and he'll still probably make more money, when he eventually sells the team at a later point in time.

6 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Just found out Arte is involved in another lawsuit--though this one has nothing to do with the Angels and he seems to at least have a reasonable case, based on what's in this article. 

https://therealdeal.com/2022/10/14/zeckendorfs-la-angels-owner-play-hardball-at-520-park-avenue/

The Pujols signing proved to be a mistake

thats a quote from the the article 

Edited by Revad

4 minutes ago, ScruffytheJanitor said:

Much like Moreno's tenure, this thread started good, began to underwhelm half way through, and now just feels like a waste of so much potential. 

Dude... this was a diversion to take the focus off Jo Adell. Arte is the ultimate team player.

8 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Just found out Arte is involved in another lawsuit--though this one has nothing to do with the Angels and he seems to at least have a reasonable case, based on what's in this article. 

https://therealdeal.com/2022/10/14/zeckendorfs-la-angels-owner-play-hardball-at-520-park-avenue/

Out of the article:  The Pujols signing proved to be a mistake