• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Arte Moreno announces he is no longer looking to sell the Angels

mmc

4 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

But what are the gaining by building a stadium there that they don't already have with a stadium in Anaheim?

A new stadium?  Not having the develop the land.  And we already know that Moreno and the city are scorched Earth.  Even the citizens are going to road block everything possible as witness by the fubar of a land deal.

15 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I just looked at the googles, and realized that pretty much the entire area around Sofi is parking.  They could easily fit a baseball stadium there.  

And again, the Chargers didn't care, and I would think they had as big of a fan base as the Angels have, and made up for the lost fanbase.  Let's not forget the Rams moving or the Raiders moving.   As long as they get eyes on the TV and butts in the seats, they don't care about loyalty.  And judging by the tv ratings, and the number of people that I see in the stadium currently in Anaheim.  A denser population would probably make up for it.

Cool. Looking forward to paying $100 to park the car. And also to traveling on the 405 at 6pm to get to the game…

40 minutes ago, IheartLA said:

Arte was always known as one of the most passionate owners who wanted to win, it always struck me as odd that he wanted to sell. I think the emotional letdown of another failed season he reacted in the moment like a fan and once time went by realized he didn’t actually want to leave behind baseball. 

Yea it sucks we might not get a Steve Cohen type but as long as Arte increases payroll and stops forcing Pujols/Rendon types on his GM I’m gonna just shrug and continue on.

Why would he change his business model now?

But a source familiar with Moreno's thinking said that as the process continued to play out, and a potential sale moved into the late stages, Moreno found it increasingly difficult to part with a franchise he has presided over for two decades. It's also possible that prospective buyers didn't meet Moreno's asking price, though the source refuted that notion.

A little more than three months later, during MLB's Winter Meetings from San Diego, Manfred made it seem as if the process was moving along, saying there were "multiple parties in the data room" -- where interested buyers can take a closer look at a team's financials -- while adding that "the club would like to have the sale resolved before Opening Day." Since then, prospective buyers were given tours of the ballpark, a source said. But it isn't known whether any formal bids had been heard.

If he’s truly changed his mind, it kind of goes against the way Minasian constructed the roster and coaching staff, right? If Moreno was still long-term, I’m sure they would have looked at their managerial search differently, as well as some of the deals they made on players. To me, it feels like he didn’t get the offer he wanted, and is now waiting it out a bit. I hope this means there is a new contract for Ohtani, though.

1 minute ago, Jeremiah said:

If he’s truly changed his mind, it kind of goes against the way Minasian constructed the roster and coaching staff, right? If Moreno was still long-term, I’m sure they would have looked at their managerial search differently, as well as some of the deals they made on players. To me, it feels like he didn’t get the offer he wanted, and is now waiting it out a bit. I hope this means there is a new contract for Ohtani, though.

I agree with the first part of your post, but I'm not sure that it necessarily means he didn't get the offer he wanted (unless the amount he was hoping to get was wildly unrealistic).  But, yeah, I mentioned elsewhere that the moves made this off-season make little sense with a continuing ownership/front office situation.