• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Nightengale provides update on Angels Sale ($3B?, Brisk Negotiations, Done in the Next Few Months?)

BTH

Just now, Docwaukee said:

I don't think anyone here made any sort of argument that the team would only sell for the value Forbes has listed.  Maybe one or two people brought it up here and there but your perception of people assuming that's the sale price isn't correct.  I think most here assumed it would be around 3b.  Maybe you're making that assumption from twitter?  

I just recall many many conversations. . . In all kinds of contexts (like how much profit Arte would make if he sold the team, etc) where people have routinely leaned on some of these estimates (like the Forbes number) and I was often told I was wrong that the team would sell for way more than whatever number was being discussed.

I brought it up because I was in those conversations many times.

It’s really not that big of a deal but it happened.

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

Agreed.  So what do we call all the people that have said for years numbers between $1.8b and $2.2b?

i would usually refer to those people as people who lived in a previous year. they are easily mistaken for people who live in 2022. they all look alike to me.

13 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

It's so obvious why it's 3 billion or higher. Inflation economics 101. I went to bakery today for a loaf of pumpernickel and baker said do not carry that anymore. I looked in his display case and asked what's that, he said pumperdime.

Vine Ok GIF

59 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Forbes published a value of $2.2b on March 24, 2022. Look it up.

I suppose the value of the franchise increased 40% in 8 months?

Yeah, you go with that.

originally, when the prospect of sale was announced. i thought well they can't sell for more than the mets that doesn't make sense, but then i was corrected pretty quickly on why that was faulty thinking. 

i think you were just joking around with your post about you being right, but then you always get so defensive on everything.

the only thing i actually care about is that the angels go to the right owner group for this team to finally become the level of franchise that they should be. similar position as to the mets organization. you just look at both franchises and think, "what's your malfunction?" 

48 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I just recall many many conversations. . . In all kinds of contexts (like how much profit Arte would make if he sold the team, etc) where people have routinely leaned on some of these estimates (like the Forbes number) and I was often told I was wrong that the team would sell for way more than whatever number was being discussed.

Link?

45 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Here?  

If you were in those conversations about it going for 3b like 3-4 years ago then you probably were wrong.  If someone was arguing that the forbes number was the accurate number then they were wrong.  

I don't remember one discussion about either.  

I think it's safe to say that most here assumed it would be 3b.  And I haven't seen a single person argue against that based on the current forbes number.  

3 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

Here?  

If you were in those conversations about it going for 3b like 3-4 years ago then you probably were wrong.  If someone was arguing that the forbes number was the accurate number then they were wrong.  

I don't remember one discussion about either.  

I think it's safe to say that most here assumed it would be 3b.  And I haven't seen a single person argue against that based on the current forbes number.  

Link?

Strictly from an economic standpoint, purchasing a team at 3 billion seems like a questionable investment in this market. I understand team values have skyrocketed over the last 20 years, but in a recession, record inflation, the stock market tanking, supply issues and California's power grid being overtaxed in every heat wave, along with the rising number of homeless encampments in Anaheim, it just seems like a recipe for economic failure. 

Arte may be selling at the highpoint of the team's value, which if he is, good on him, I suppose..

34 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Strictly from an economic standpoint, purchasing a team at 3 billion seems like a questionable investment in this market. I understand team values have skyrocketed over the last 20 years, but in a recession, record inflation, the stock market tanking, supply issues and California's power grid being overtaxed in every heat wave, along with the rising number of homeless encampments in Anaheim, it just seems like a recipe for economic failure.

Is this a serious post?

37 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Arte may be selling at the highpoint of the team's value, which if he is, good on him, I suppose..

The potential buyers could probably find $3B in change in their home bowling alley's couch.

4 hours ago, failos said:

Pay for a Grammarly subscription. You and @Kotchman are the only knobs on my ignore list.

1 hour ago, failos said:

I don’t like knobs. It’s ok if you do though. This is a safe space.

So you managed to respond to two people on your ignore list? 

Hey @Chuckster70 the algorithm is broken again!