• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Nightengale provides update on Angels Sale ($3B?, Brisk Negotiations, Done in the Next Few Months?)

BTH

5 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Just spitballing.

Who here is down to rent tuxedos and go halfsies on a limo, and show up at the stadium and pretend we're interested in buying to blow up the price?

We have to pretend to not speak English. Who here speaks passing Swiss?

@Swiss Angel Fan?

10 hours ago, Second Base said:

Strictly from an economic standpoint, purchasing a team at 3 billion seems like a questionable investment in this market. I understand team values have skyrocketed over the last 20 years, but in a recession, record inflation, the stock market tanking, supply issues and California's power grid being overtaxed in every heat wave, along with the rising number of homeless encampments in Anaheim, it just seems like a recipe for economic failure. 

Arte may be selling at the highpoint of the team's value, which if he is, good on him, I suppose..

New owners will use it as a write-off.

On 10/9/2022 at 10:54 AM, Trendon said:

The thing is, Nightengale does seem to have connections with some MLB owners— and this is a topic MLB owners would be fairly well-versed in.

"It’s Nightengale, so I don’t know how much truth there is here."

OK, so, back on October 2nd when you said this about him (regarding his comments that I posted on the Angels managerial search) now....on the 9th, he/his reporting is credible given his sources? I mean, dude...it would appear that your impressions about him & his reporting are as inconsistent as they are absurd...

36 minutes ago, khouse said:

OK, so, back on October 2nd when you said this about him (regarding his comments that I posted on the Angels managerial search) now....on the 9th, he/his reporting is credible given his sources? I mean, dude...it would appear that your impressions about him & his reporting are as inconsistent as they are absurd...

I said “I don’t know how much truth there is here” because I don’t know.

Same thing applies for this thread. I don’t know how much truth there is. But like I said, Nightengale does have connections with some owners (Reinsdorf and Kendrick) and he cited MLB owners as a source in this article whereas the October 2nd article didn’t cite sources.

2 hours ago, khouse said:

The thing that's funny about Nightengale is not that he gets things wrong, it's that at times he's reported the complete opposite of what actually happens.. 

I don't doubt he has solid sources or that he's got connections, but I think he maybe gets a little trigger happy with the send button or doesn't really buy into the whole, trust but verify thing.

All I know is some of his stuff is so wrong at times it's genuinely comical.

5 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I too would talk up how great my current team is vs talk up a team I didn't sign with were I in his shoes.  Also, I appreciate his admission that he wouldn't have any impact on the Angels performance and that the end result would be the same.

Why even talk about the Angels? I thought he had an LDS to prepare for. 

1 minute ago, Lou said:

Why even talk about the Angels? I thought he had an LDS to prepare for. 

Fluff pieces are fluffy. 

He's got to feed the "NYC is the greatest ever" narrative.   It's whatever and as I said, is he really saying he wouldn't have any impact?  

Score points with your fans, egg on opposing fans.. rinse, wash, repeat.  Nothing to see here but it gets clicks.

I mean, when it's all said and done everyone here gets why this was tweeted right?

Does Shaikin think he's actually reaching potential owners?  Is he trying to encourage or discourage their purchase -- we know he isn't and why not bring up the fact that the guy saying this grew up a Yankees fan?

It's all for the clicks, if it pisses some of you off and makes it so you'll read his next story then it served it's purpose.  The other guy at the TImes did the same thing with his Mike Trout 0 post season wins, Brandon Marsh 2, tweet.

Jim Murray doesn't live here anymore.