• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Nightengale provides update on Angels Sale ($3B?, Brisk Negotiations, Done in the Next Few Months?)

BTH

23 hours ago, AngelStew43 said:

Where is Steve Ballmer when we really need him?

He's working on ClipperVision:

https://www.geekwire.com/2022/why-this-nba-team-is-launching-its-own-streaming-service-steve-ballmer-on-the-strategy-behind-clippervision/

Called ClipperVision, the new service costs $199.99 per year. Available only to viewers in the Los Angeles market, it will provide access to all the team’s games except those broadcast nationally.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

He's working on ClipperVision:

https://www.geekwire.com/2022/why-this-nba-team-is-launching-its-own-streaming-service-steve-ballmer-on-the-strategy-behind-clippervision/

Called ClipperVision, the new service costs $199.99 per year. Available only to viewers in the Los Angeles market, it will provide access to all the team’s games except those broadcast nationally.

Arte's pissed that he didn't think of this 5 years ago.

"Manfred said the Angels sale process is “ongoing,” with the league working to conduct background checks of potential bidders before releasing any financial information to them. He declined to offer a timetable for the conclusion of a sale.

“Probably too early to guess as to whether it will be done by opening day,” he said. “I think it is a really appealing franchise. I think there will be multiple bidders. When there are multiple bidders, it’s always more complicated.”

24 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

"Manfred said the Angels sale process is “ongoing,” with the league working to conduct background checks of potential bidders before releasing any financial information to them. He declined to offer a timetable for the conclusion of a sale.

“Probably too early to guess as to whether it will be done by opening day,” he said. “I think it is a really appealing franchise. I think there will be multiple bidders. When there are multiple bidders, it’s always more complicated.”

as far as I'm concerned, opening day is irrelevant.  Since there's really no chance of getting it done by the time it could impact this off season then I say take your time and do it right.  

3 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

What did he say about the horrific Qanon-bait commercials?

15 hours ago, cals said:

Wanting secure borders isn’t racist.  Someone report his post.

I wouldn't go as far as to call these commercials racist but they are bat shit fear mongering at a high level. There are honest ways to present opinions on this issue, showing hispanic migrants and taking about raping 3 year old kids is only there to trigger the mushy brained, white, boomer, baseball audience. 

2 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I wouldn't go as far as to call these commercials racist but they are bat shit fear mongering at a high level. There are honest ways to present opinions on this issue, showing hispanic migrants and taking about raping 3 year old kids is only there to trigger the mushy brained, white, boomer, baseball audience. 

i would call that racist. i'm not lecturing you, i'm just using your post to dive in on this. you don't have to call someone a beaner to be racist toward them. calling them all rapists and murderers is good enough to hurdle the threshhold.

7 minutes ago, ukyah said:

i would call that racist. i'm not lecturing you, i'm just using your post to dive in on this. you don't have to call someone a beaner to be racist toward them. calling them all rapists and murderers is good enough to hurdle the threshhold.

I mean I’m not going to fight you too hard on this but the commercial doesn’t call them “all” anything. What it does do is it takes a legitimate issue and plays it very strongly for fear, whether or not that’s racist ill leave to the individual.