• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Nightengale provides update on Angels Sale ($3B?, Brisk Negotiations, Done in the Next Few Months?)

BTH

39 minutes ago, Blarg said:

They were right years ago. This is today. Try and check your calendar once in a while.

Forbes published a value of $2.2b on March 24, 2022. Look it up.

I suppose the value of the franchise increased 40% in 8 months?

Yeah, you go with that.

3 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Forbes published a value of $2.2b on March 24, 2022. Look it up.

I suppose the value of the franchise increased 40% in 8 months?

Yeah, you go with that.

You must have missed Lou's post.

5 hours ago, Lou said:

Forbes only lists value, not predicted sales price.

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You must have missed Lou's post.

No you missed the whole point.  We covered this.  Pay attention.  Forbes puts out these numbers and then tons of fans and writers argue this is what the team would sell for, and others tell them the number is way too low.

Sorry Buddy.  This ain’t going your way.

Edited by Dtwncbad

Just now, Blarg said:

Go ahead and argue you're right. It's what you do. Like 6 man rotations. You were so right about that.

Well you are caught wrong on this one so you grasp at straws on an old subject where you deliberately misrepresent the context of my argument.

I will play along.  I said, probably 100 times on the 6 man rotation, “I will believe it when I see it because stuff like that gets talked about all the time in Spring Training.”

That was exactly my position repeatedly over and over.  Exactly.  Look it up.

If that is your great example then I guess you got me.

4 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Well you are caught wrong on this one so you grasp at straws on an old subject where you deliberately misrepresent the context of my argument.

I will play along.  I said, probably 100 times on the 6 man rotation, “I will believe it when I see it because stuff like that gets talked about all the time in Spring Training.”

That was exactly my position repeatedly over and over.  Exactly.  Look it up.

If that is your great example then I guess you got me.

I'm not wrong at all, Forbes lists valuation, everyone speculates, you act like some guy in the know because your random number matched Bob Nightengale's random number. You are just as right as anyone else and just as wrong because on the Price is Right if you go over by .99 cents you lose. 

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I'm not wrong at all, Forbes lists valuation, everyone speculates, you act like some guy in the know because your random number matched Bob Nightengale's random number. You are just as right as anyone else and just as wrong because on the Price is Right if you go over by .99 cents you lose. 

Oh Blarg.  You don’t get it and are now mumbling something about the Price is Right.  So I am going to just pat you on the head here and move on before you knock over your TV tray.

Edited by Dtwncbad

17 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

No you missed the whole point.  We covered this.  Pay attention.  Forbes puts out these numbers and then tons of fans and writers argue this is what the team would sell for, and others tell them the number is way too low.

Sorry Buddy.  This ain’t going your way.

I don't think anyone here made any sort of argument that the team would only sell for the value Forbes has listed.  Maybe one or two people brought it up here and there but your perception of people assuming that's the sale price isn't correct.  I think most here assumed it would be around 3b.  Maybe you're making that assumption from twitter?