• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Vin Scully passes away

mmc

• mmc changed the title to Vin Scully passes away

Not much more you can ask of than 94 years of life. I remember watching tons of Dodgers games as a kid and just listening to him call the game, give knowledge on every single player in the lineup on both sides. Iconic voice of the game. May he rest in peace. 

Funny enough, yesterday I was trying to dial in my new tv (such a pain in the ass). While checking everything the Gibson home run clip video was the first one I saw so I hit it to test everything (sound, picture etc)

And then I sat and watched this like 5 minute video on it. And as huge as that home run was, Scukly really stood out to me as I watched it. And I thought to myself how perfect the narrative was just before the pitch.

"2 out, bottom of the 9th, 5-4 A's. Not a bad opening act..."

4 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

I bet his last words were "Dodgers."

I hope that some the games he called get put in rotation regularly for the generation that didn't get to hear him call a game. Dude was by himself and put all 2 man teams to shame.

I used to flip over and watch the dodger game just to listen to Vin. 

The man could paint a picture like no other 

2 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Funny enough, yesterday I was trying to dial in my new tv (such a pain in the ass). While checking everything the Gibson home run clip video was the first one I saw so I hit it to test everything (sound, picture etc)

And then I sat and watched this like 5 minute video on it. And as huge as that home run was, Scukly really stood out to me as I watched it. And I thought to myself how perfect the narrative was just before the pitch.

"2 out, bottom of the 9th, 5-4 A's. Not a bad opening act..."

Absolute legend.  I “hate” the Dodgers as much as any fan on earth, but you must acknowledge greatness.

Vin Scully was as great as you can get and a truly pleasant gentleman.

I take my hat off in respect to a great person, a great professional, a baseball legend, and the easiest HOF inductee ever.

God bless this guy.

7 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Was never a dodger fan, but between him and Chick, it was good to grow up in LA. Both guys seemed as big a part of the team as the superstar players on the team.

I’d add Kings announcer Bob Miller to that group also.  We had, at one time, theee of the best announcers ever to call games from the booth in Los Angeles at the same time.

All legends.  All 3.