• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels fire Joe Maddon, name Phil Nevin interim manager

mmc

5 minutes ago, cals said:

I'm going to feel really bad for you guys when this makes no difference. 

Yeah, I doubt it changes anything really. I've heard Nevin is a bit of a douche from a few people over the years, but I doubt that affects his ability to win baseball games much. That said, if you lose 12 straight, especially the way the Angels have been losing, somebody has to take the blame.

Just now, Don said:

That said, if you lose 12 straight, especially the way the Angels have been losing, somebody has to take the blame.

I totally agree. And it sure isn't gong to be the bosses taking the blame, even if that is where blame, or at least some blame, lies.

8 minutes ago, cals said:

I totally agree. And it sure isn't gong to be the bosses taking the blame, even if that is where blame, or at least some blame, lies.

Maddon was the clubhouse and field boss. 

I say we now win one of our next 12 games.

There are some really interesting tidbits in this USA Today article on Maddon's firing: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/angels/2022/06/07/joe-maddon-fired-los-angeles-angels-manager/10004728002/

"If it was strictly up to Angels GM Perry Minasian, manager Joe Maddon might have been fired during the winter with Buck Showalter replacing him."

"Maddon was optimistic early Tuesday morning that the Angels could still turn things around in a text message to USA TODAY Sports."

“Working on positive vibes and fundamentals,’’ he said. “The guys aren’t happy, but are together.’’

"Well, the Angels front office was furious and, after getting approval from owner Arte Moreno, made the move to fire Maddon, who had lost some key support in the clubhouse."

Front office scaepgoat, nothing more. 
Nevin is certainly not a better manager at this point.
Maddon will get another job  and will win again, i wonder if the same can be said of ourselves.
No way were getting anyone here on the short term now or extending anyone so might as well start trading people and do a proper rebuild. 

1 minute ago, floplag said:

Front office scaepgoat, nothing more. 
Nevin is certainly not a better manager at this point.
Maddon will get another job  and will win again, i wonder if the same can be said of ourselves.
No way were getting anyone here on the short term now or extending anyone so might as well start trading people and do a proper rebuild. 

Man, I don’t want to wait another five years to hopefully have a playoff caliber team