• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels fire Joe Maddon, name Phil Nevin interim manager

mmc

1 minute ago, Lou said:

His problem is that he never won here. 

Exactly.  Even though on paper it seemed like a great fit, he didn’t win and there was no more time to waste when you have a roster that everyone expects to get to the playoffs.

99% of managers get fired.  It’s par for the course.

So where’s the poll asking who everyone thinks will be hired as the new permanent manager?

so far I’ve seen names like Girardi and Showalter, as well as next to impossibilities like Leyland and Scioscia.

doesn’t matter who they hire, don’t think anyone will be happy out of the gates.  Or is there actually a name that would be unanimously celebrated?

Just now, Biergott said:

So where’s the poll asking who everyone thinks will be hired as the new permanent manager?

so far I’ve seen names like Girardi and Showalter, as well as next to impossibilities like Leyland and Scioscia.

doesn’t matter who they hire, don’t think anyone will be happy out of the gates.  Or is there actually a name that would be unanimously celebrated?

2 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Jeff Mathis for Angels manager. He was a part of the last Angels team to win a playoff game. He will bring that postseason spark back to the franchise

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

Exactly.  Even though on paper it seemed like a great fit, he didn’t win and there was no more time to waste when you have a roster that everyone expects to get to the playoffs.

99% of managers get fired.  It’s par for the course.

I thought it was a terrible fit from the onset. 

34 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Breaking news...

Reports of dancing in the streets of Anaheim, Fullerton, Brea, Mission Viejo, Laguna (but not Laguna Woods), Santa Ana, Costa Mesa, Huntington Beach, Cypress, Seal Beach, Chino Hills, Tustin....

With the firing of Maddon, will there be any cross promotions with Del Taco?

@Tank???

1 minute ago, Biergott said:

I’m fine with Nevin.  He’s probably ready.  This to me was about making a change, not so much trying to cherry pick some magician.  Getting Maddon was supposed to be getting the magician and he didn’t win.

3 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Looking forward to Maddon's first quotes on his firing.

“Well… I guess results DO matter.”

Edited by True Grich