• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

I know I'm like four years late, but I finally just started watching Westworld. I'm about four episodes in. Fascinating show. 

For the longest time, I thought it was a show about a literal amusement park in the future (like a Disneyland for adults with prostitute robots). I didn't know it was a Western world. Yes, I'm dumb.

Netflix:  The Mitchells vs the Machines  Don't know how I landed on this one.  But one thing Netflix does well is have those short commercials for each movie.  So gave it a shot, and for an animated show, it was pretty funny.  Everything was pretty predictable in it.  But they really added a lot of weird stuff.  A good movie for the family.  

12 hours ago, Taylor said:

I know I'm like four years late, but I finally just started watching Westworld. I'm about four episodes in. Fascinating show. 

For the longest time, I thought it was a show about a literal amusement park in the future (like a Disneyland for adults with prostitute robots). I didn't know it was a Western world. Yes, I'm dumb.

Ha ha, I made the same mistake, too influenced by the Yul Brynner film of the 70's so I came to it late too.

It's an excellent show, it broadens and gets better as the seasons pass and is a really superior Sci-fi series. 

Watched 3 episodes of S1 of Alone and I like it.  Pretty intense at times.  The bear factor is crazy. I like the fact that there's no narration over the footage from someone not participating.  It makes them all seem more isolated. The funny thing is when some say they didn't anticipate it being like it is... Really?

I imagine some of the success is the luck of the draw and it's all about what location they end up at.  Some seem to have immediate access to water, where others have to do more searching.

In any case - it's pretty good stuff.

23 hours ago, Taylor said:

The first season is pretty decent.

Finished season 2 of LoD. I enjoyed that the characters seemed to fit nicely into the grey area between good and bad rather than settling for one or the other. I think I'd prefer to see a little more of the flawed without the moral superiority or the hot and cold characterization but all in all quite entertaining though.

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Finished season 2 of LoD. I enjoyed that the characters seemed to fit nicely into the grey area between good and bad rather than settling for one or the other. I think I'd prefer to see a little more of the flawed without the moral superiority or the hot and cold characterization but all in all quite entertaining though.

You're welcome

2 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Interested to hear your thoughts after S3.

On 6/6/2021 at 11:20 PM, Taylor said:

22 hours ago, WicketMaiden said:

Ha ha, I made the same mistake, too influenced by the Yul Brynner film of the 70's so I came to it late too.

It's an excellent show, it broadens and gets better as the seasons pass and is a really superior Sci-fi series. 

I fell off midway through season 2. Is it worthwhile to jump back in?

34 minutes ago, lolok said:

I fell off midway through season 2. Is it worthwhile to jump back in?

Yes stay with it (I wobbled mid season two so there must be a problem with the script or narrative there). It gets darker and the characters deeper (especially Dolores) as it progresses and there are some pretty cool Sci-fi concepts throughout. Top quality Sci-fi in my view - not quite as good as The Expanse but then what is?

2 hours ago, True Grich said:

Really enjoying "Alone." The last 4 guys from S1 have some mad skills. I have a lot of respect for what they've accomplished so far.. This show is easy to binge.

I probably wouldn't last an hour in those conditions.

I think the seasons get better as they progress too. Season 7 was my favourite, some mad stuff going on in that one. And you're absolutely right, those guys have some serious skills and major depths of resilience, no pretenders there, it's kinda humbling sometimes.

S1 E10 Alone

Spoiler

When it got down to 4 guys, I thought Lucas would win.  The dude had some mad skills, but of course there's more to survival than skills.  When Mitch tapped out, I wasn't too surprised.  First season is winding down for me (Sam and Alan remain) and it's been terrific.  I have liked Alan from the beginning... I'm pulling for him now, but it wouldn't shock me if Sam won.  For sort of a goofy guy, Sam is frickin' tough.

I can't believe I hadn't heard of this series.  It's even better than Survivor Man. Thanks again, Lou.

Edited by True Grich