• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

1 minute ago, gaylos said:

Hmmm I tried watching the first episode last year, and turned it off after a few minutes for no particular reason (maybe I don’t like Boston)…I’ll give it another shot.

Do you watch shows that require subtitles?

1 hour ago, WicketMaiden said:

Have you watched Money Heist? An excellent Spanish bank job caper. Well worth the time, especially the first two seasons. Lou will point in the right direction of a few good Scandinavian shows I'm sure.

I’m not a fan of heist type shows/movies. But I can’t be picky anymore.

@Lou and/or @Redondo will certainly recommend me some good Scandinavian shows.

8 hours ago, Redondo said:

I liked DCI Banks, but it took a while to get going

Been considering Bodyguard

It's on my list

Bodyguard has been very good. I’m on E5. Looks like it’s only one season. Lots of twists and turns trying to figure out the good guys and bad guys.

Netflix:  Black Summer  A perfect @Lou zombie series.  For some reason I started it, and stopped the first season, and noticed it was on the second season.  Overall, I thought it was really well done.  This one doesn't sugar coat the apocalypse, and really shows how mankind devolves into primitive, barbaric, brutal, untrustworthy people, forming into little bands.  The series is broken up into a theme or topic or even character for each scene.  And each episode varies in length of some story plot.  They also use multiple perspectives, where they will follow one character, then in that episode or a later episode follow a different character from that same one scene.  If you like zombie shows, this one is a really good one.  

On 6/17/2021 at 5:02 PM, failos said:

Pt 2 of Lupin was meh. That last episode completely lost me. I’m not looking forward to Pt 3

Yeah, I agree.  It just seemed to be all over the place.  There just didn't seem to be a great flow to the story.  Everything just seemed to be happening in chaos that wasn't really supposed to be chaos, but was.  I don't even know what they would do if there is a Part 3.  

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

Have you watched Sherlock? I think you'd really like it.

no, unless you mean the one that was on CBS a few years ago. i liked it but it was one of those shows i gave up on because the dialogue was at a whisper unless there was a gun fight or an explosion, and then it was suddenly at a ridiculously loud volume.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

i have amazon prime but am not sure if it's hooked up to my roku service. i'll work on that.

junior tells me we've already got it set up so i'll start taking a look throughout this week. maybe now i can finally finish "Man in the High Castle."

watching S3 of Whitechapel.

3 hours ago, Tank said:

junior tells me we've already got it set up so i'll start taking a look throughout this week. maybe now i can finally finish "Man in the High Castle."

watching S3 of Whitechapel.

Amazon has a lot of good shows

Let me know how you like S3 of Whitechapel