• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

On 6/21/2021 at 9:28 PM, Tank said:

is anyone watching Loki on Disney+? Thoughts?

it's kind of a weird show so far, focusing on time travel and interruptions to it.

It has been interesting so far. 

What makes a Loki a Loki?

Is there free will or is everything predestined?

Spoiler

I liked the scene where he has to sign the document confirming everything he has said in his life. 

Just tried to watch Clarice. Couldn't get past 30 minutes.

The director is trying way too hard to cram just about every trick in the book into every scene so you can't possibly become absorbed by the action onscreen, the dramatic music is too dramatic and far too loud behind the dialogue, and the secondary noises like doors and drinks etc are just so loud it all becomes an irritating bombardment of the senses - I must have changed the volume up and down a dozen times or so.

Behind all the extraneous noise, flashy camera work and philharmonic musical score the 30 minutes of plot I saw was very formulaic, predictable and cliche with dialogue  that lacks any of the nuance of actual day to day speech.

Not my cup of tea at all.

On 6/22/2021 at 6:16 PM, WicketMaiden said:

Just watching the final episode of Season 1 of The Fall. Very good, nicely paced and really draws you in. Gillian Anderson is excellent.

She is indeed excellent, but there’s something about her I don’t like. Too sterile? Too arrogant? I’m not sure what it is.

We have two episodes left to watch in S3. It’s been a fantastic season.

9 hours ago, Redondo said:

Friday is here 

👍

5 hours ago, Lou said:

Watched E1. Still good. 

Got the email about it today and was surprised that the time flew from when I first saw it was coming out. Will probably binge it this weekend.

Might be one of my all-time favorite shows.

7 hours ago, Tank said:

She is indeed excellent, but there’s something about her I don’t like. Too sterile? Too arrogant? I’m not sure what it is.

We have two episodes left to watch in S3. It’s been a fantastic season.

I had that feeling too, I think it's because she's unemotional and lacks a nurturing quality. She would be a cold, cold mother I suspect.

Re Season 3 ending - don't read until you've watched it:

Spoiler

I thought it was all a bit too convenient and contrived. I really cannot see a violent offender in a psych ward being allowed to join normal activities after he'd just violently assaulted a policewoman and just revealed his amnesia and good behaviour to be suspect. I also don't think there would be somewhere to hide and wait in a psych ward cool-down room, or that one would walk offenders past staff lockers. A slightly disappointing end to a fantastic show.

1 hour ago, WicketMaiden said:

I had that feeling too, I think it's because she's unemotional and lacks a nurturing quality. She would be a cold, cold mother I suspect.

Hide contents

I thought it was all a bit too convenient and contrived. I really cannot see a violent offender in a psych ward being allowed to join normal activities after he'd just violently assaulted a policewoman and just revealed his amnesia and good behaviour to be suspect. I also don't think there would be somewhere to hide and wait in a psych ward cool-down room, or that one would walk offenders past staff lockers. A slightly disappointing end to a fantastic show.

It's a well acted and well written show

But like some other shows the writers have a hard time with the ending

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

Got the email about it today and was surprised that the time flew from when I first saw it was coming out. Will probably binge it this weekend.

Might be one of my all-time favorite shows.

Every episode is solid

Great show

6 hours ago, WicketMaiden said:

Reveal hidden contents

I thought the end of season 2 was a good end point, and so I put off watching season 3 for a long time. Ultimately I thought the amnesia plot line played out really well even if it all felt a bit contrived.

6 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I'm about half way through S4 of LoD, and as engaging as it is this season is way over the top.

That first episode was laugh out loud absurd but it a good way. The follow up though... perhaps a few too many twists and turns for my liking.

S4 is the best season