• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

S1 E10 Alone

Reveal hidden contents

I can't believe I hadn't heard of this series.  It's even better than Survivor Man. Thanks again, Lou.

hey man, you spelled @Redondo wrong.

Finished S1 of Alone. I enjoyed it a lot.

Spoiler

Glad to see Alan win it.  It was cool to see his reaction when he learned he had won. Sounded like he was prepared to go longer, if he had to. What an amazing journey for the man. 

All the contestants deserved mad props. 

On 6/7/2021 at 3:16 AM, Redondo said:

@Tank

I think you will like The Kominsky Method

Definitely geared towards the older crowd.  Even the comedy is more dad humor and old people humor.  And it's pretty dark.  I also thought that they changed direction on the show in season 3.  But it was worth the watch.  

40 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Definitely geared towards the older crowd.  Even the comedy is more dad humor and old people humor.  And it's pretty dark.  I also thought that they changed direction on the show in season 3.  But it was worth the watch.  

odd, i saw an emmy ad for this show yesterday during the channel 5 morning news, one of those "for your consideration" ads to voters.

6 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Watched The Bachelorette premiere because I know contestant Andrew M. from college. He made it past the premiere but I'm pretty sure he'll be eliminated in the second or third episode since he's had an invisible edit. @Blarg I know your tricks.

you want to know how you can get blarg to help your friend?

season 3 money GIF

They finished up shooting a month ago and I have no idea who gets eliminated past the show I am working on. 

Who has been eliminated is Chris Harrison. Warner and ABC decided to cut him loose and there wasn't even an inner office email, most of us found out through the trades reporting it. That is pretty fucked up considering he kept the franchise afloat for 2 decades.  

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

They finished up shooting a month ago and I have no idea who gets eliminated past the show I am working on. 

Who has been eliminated is Chris Harrison. Warner and ABC decided to cut him loose and there wasn't even an inner office email, most of us found out through the trades reporting it. That is pretty fucked up considering he kept the franchise afloat for 2 decades.  

Well, reading one article, it sounds like he got a 8 figure STFU buyout.  So I don't feel bad for him.  

4 hours ago, Taylor said:

Watched The Bachelorette premiere because I know contestant Andrew M. from college. He made it past the premiere but I'm pretty sure he'll be eliminated in the second or third episode since he's had an invisible edit. @Blarg I know your tricks.

Is it really "invisible' if know about it, literally?

7 hours ago, Blarg said:

How do you know which contestants to give prominent edits if you don't know who ends up making it to the end? I've heard the editors of Survivor are aware of the winner and are tasked with creating a narrative that highlights the winner. Although they've also been known to insert VO over scenes to create a narrative that wasn't quite there.

7 hours ago, Blarg said:

That's crazy. 

I don't edit the show. I finish it for broadcast. That includes color correction, titling, painting out items that need to be obscured for standards and practices, making the show broadcast compliant.

I quit doing story cutting over 10 years ago. Your average 1 hour drama has about 4-6 hours of shot footage to sift through and a script that only needs to be cut to time. For a season of the Bachelor there is approximately 3,000 hours of footage shot and no specific script for the contestants.

It is Hurculian work by story producers and editors to flesch out a compelling story that makes sense from episode 1 through finale. A lot of good material is dumped simply because it isn't sustainable to the end. Your guy may or may not get screen time if his story isn't moving the show along dramatic or comedic in content. 

In Bachelorette 6, Ali didn't even realize there was a guy she kept giving roses to and had never spoken to him once in 5 weeks. In fact none of the other contestants could remember speaking to him or him talking, they didn't even remember him being a roommate. Chris Nordhorn made it all the way to show 5 in Iceland unnoticed. They cut him in as the guy wandering alone in the background, or swimming in the hot springs by himself. I think even after Ali didn't give him a rose they didn't him any on camera exit interview, he just walked off into the shadows. 5 episodes, no speaking lines other than his first night introduction. It was kind of awesome. 

Started the Bridge on Hulu

It's the one that takes place in El Paso and Juarez

Weak acting through the first 2 episodes

Wanted to watch the Bridge on Amazon, Norwegian series, but it costs per show

I'm sure Lou can watch it

Through E6 of S2 of Alone.

Spoiler

Two guys really are dicks... Larry and Justin.  I kind of hope Larry is eaten by a bear.  Kidding (sort of).  Larry has some serious anger issues.  Justin just acts like a prick, IMO.

Good stuff so far.  Some of the contestants have great backgrounds, but it's all about the mental aspect.  Again, I wouldn't last an hour.  I'd be the guy who fell in the water getting off the boat, soaking or losing gear and have to jump back on the boat and leave.

11 hours ago, Redondo said:

Started the Bridge on Hulu

It's the one that takes place in El Paso and Juarez

Weak acting through the first 2 episodes

Wanted to watch the Bridge on Amazon, Norwegian series, but it costs per show

I'm sure Lou can watch it

Again?