• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Final episode of Brotherhood

Spoiler

I like the finish to the show and how Michael agrees to leave town

Great scene when Tommy asks him to leave

Michael had to realize that he was out of control

When Michael is making the phone call to his mom the hotel in the background said El Rancho

Are we to believe that he went to Mexico?

Looks like both Colin and Kath made it back to the hill

45 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Final episode of Brotherhood

Hide contents

I like the finish to the show and how Michael agrees to leave town

Great scene when Tommy asks him to leave

Michael had to realize that he was out of control

When Michael is making the phone call to his mom the hotel in the background said El Rancho

Are we to believe that he went to Mexico?

Looks like both Colin and Kath made it back to the hill

Spoiler

I really wanted it all to crash and burn for both brothers... but where's the fun in that, right? 

Like his brother, It really spun out of control for Tommy too and he got desperate.

The Freddie Cork character was interesting to me in that they made him out to be like a regular guy... playing with his kids, having fun at the lake house, etc.  He wasn't the stereotypical tough guy/bad guy. 

The show really painted a dark picture of politics.  Seemed like every single character was a crook, or a scumbag of some sort. 

I think the show was exceptionally well done - it was just hard for me to watch sometimes. 

Edited by True Grich

On 5/31/2021 at 11:26 AM, Taylor said:

The Boys S2 ended with some of the same script problems that the first season had. Some sloppy writing and convenient deus ex machina to get the story to where they wanted it to be. It's still a lot of fun, though.

Watch Invincible

2 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

Well worth the watch Grich, just binged my way through season two and it's excellent.

It's odd that it's less than 30 minutes an episode.

14 minutes ago, True Grich said:

It's odd that it's less than 30 minutes an episode.

It is, and I wasn't sure at first, but I think it works because it's really stripped down to focus only on the main protagonist (without all the other sub-plots and side-stories of the other characters that we see in most modern shows).  

3 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

It is, and I wasn't sure at first, but I think it works because it's really stripped down to focus only on the main protagonist (without all the other sub-plots and side-stories of the other characters that we see in most modern shows).  

Yeah, I'm not complaining...

BTW... It was funny to see Damon Herriman playing a character other than Dewey Crowe from Justified.

15 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Yeah, I'm not complaining...

BTW... It was funny to see Damon Herriman playing a character other than Dewey Crowe from Justified.

I remembered him from Breaking Bad (crack head) and Mindhunter (Charles Manson), I never got into Justified though, tried a couple of episodes but I didn't like the lead character so it never drew me in. 

4 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

I remembered him from Breaking Bad (crack head) and Mindhunter (Charles Manson), I never got into Justified though, tried a couple of episodes but I didn't like the lead character so it never drew me in. 

I felt the same way. I stuck with it and it grew on me.  I'm in S4 now.  I like it.  I didn't think I would, but I do.

15 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I felt the same way. I stuck with it and it grew on me.  I'm in S4 now.  I like it.  I didn't think I would, but I do.

Does it get darker, as I recall it seemed a bit twee to me considering the subject matter, almost like a parody of a crime drama?

5 hours ago, WicketMaiden said:

Does it get darker, as I recall it seemed a bit twee to me considering the subject matter, almost like a parody of a crime drama?

I don't know if I'd call it "dark."  It does have some interesting relationship dynamics that seem to change often.  I can also say, yes - it is kind of parody of a crime drama at times. 

I find the Boyd Crowder character entertaining.  It's not the most believable show, but I am finding it worth watching.

On 5/31/2021 at 9:21 AM, WicketMaiden said:

Just got into Mr Inbetween - an Australian crime drama with FX.

It's got a bit of an early Tarantino feel to it, chippy dialogue, irreverent violence, very dark humour in parts, that sort of thing. The lead character is quite likeable too.

Three episodes into season two, well worth a watch so far.

E3 of S1...

Spoiler

The ending was hilarious... when he went to chop off the guy's arm that he thought was dead... funny as hell for a crime drama...

5 hours ago, True Grich said:

E3 of S1...

Hide contents

The ending was hilarious... when he went to chop off the guy's arm that he thought was dead... funny as hell for a crime drama...

Ha ha yes, I wasn't expecting that. Funny as hell. I get a real Pulp Fiction feel from the show. I'm up to date now and can't wait for the next episode.

9 hours ago, Redondo said:

Ray is a badass

Reminds me of Mike from Better call Saul

Yes, I see the similarity, I love the Mike character but Ray would kick Mike's ass.   

58 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

Yes, I see the similarity, I love the Mike character but Ray would kick Mike's ass.   

Classic battle of 2 tough guys

Spoiler

Sam really owes Ray a big one after S1 episode 6.

Ray treated like it was all business and not personal.

Netflix:  Lucifer Season 5.5  Overall a pretty good half season.  You could tell they are kind of winding it down.  Didn't really like how they killed off one character.  Or I should say, didn't like the overall reaction to it.  And the war was really disappointing.  It just seemed like they ran out of money, so they just half assed it.  They have plenty of time to finish up the story in the final season now.  But it just feels like they are going to collect the money and cruise.

6 hours ago, Redondo said:

Classic battle of 2 tough guys

Reveal hidden contents

Sam really owes Ray a big one after S1 episode 6.

Ray treated like it was all business and not personal.

Ray has quickly become my favourite hard-man and the character I would least like to piss off if I met him in the street. 

Spoiler

There is more from Sam and Ray in S2. I won't say any more than that until you've seen it.

12 minutes ago, Lou said:

You guys would have realized this if you had listened to me when I first recommended it. 

Well, I didn't watch much TV pre-pandemic. I didn't subscribe to any streaming services.

Now, I'm addicted thanks to some of you.

Edited by True Grich