• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

finished S1 of Cardinal and started in on S2. Probably shouldn't have done that last night as i was pretty dang tired from graduation so i'll rewatch S2E1 again sometime this afternoon or this weekend.

S1 of Cardinal was good. looking forward to S2.

Spoiler

the female villain was a heartbreaking character. seemed like she was oh-so-close to getting out from under her dick of a boyfriend only to turn around and be just as much of a brutal torturer as he was. i never mind seeing ugly characters like that receive justice.

Amazon:  Reign of Fire  A 2002 movie about dragons ruling the Earth and a rag tag bunch of humans taking them down.  This is early Christian Bale, Gerard Butler, and a jacked Matthew McConaughey.  It didn't do well in the theaters.  But it wasn't that bad for a dragon movie.  It's stop everything and watch.  But if you want to kill 2 hours on an action/dragon movie, not bad to watch the threes early careers before they really got big.

6 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Amazon:  Reign of Fire  A 2002 movie about dragons ruling the Earth and a rag tag bunch of humans taking them down.  This is early Christian Bale, Gerard Butler, and a jacked Matthew McConaughey.  It didn't do well in the theaters.  But it wasn't that bad for a dragon movie.  It's stop everything and watch.  But if you want to kill 2 hours on an action/dragon movie, not bad to watch the threes early careers before they really got big.

High praise indeed.

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I watched The Great Wall yesterday. Matt Damon goes to China and helps them battle a whole plethora of dragons/beasts. It was worse than it sounds. 

1 hour ago, Tank said:

I watched The Great Wall yesterday. Matt Damon goes to China and helps them battle a whole plethora of dragons/beasts. It was worse than it sounds. 

gotbeer loved it. 

I'm assuming...

2 hours ago, Tank said:

Saw an ad yesterday for S6 of Line of Duty. Oddly enough it was on cable tv - maybe on USA or something similar. The ad said it would be available June 17 on britbox. Was happy to discover it’s available on Roku.

You have to pay for BritBox

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Does anyone watch Alone?

Season 8 has begun. It takes place at Chilko  Lake in BC, which is inhabited by grizzly bears.

Looks like 6 seasons are available on Hulu. I will check it out.

3 hours ago, Lou said:

Does anyone watch Alone?

Season 8 has begun. It takes place at Chilko  Lake in BC, which is inhabited by grizzly bears.

Yes I've watched that. It's ok, pretty interesting at times. It's mostly bushcraft and mental breakdowns caused by the extended loneliness. It's interesting to see the different strategies play out.

I tend to wait for the whole season and binge watch them. 

Just watched E1, S1 of Alone.  I like the premise.  I was a huge fan of Survivor Man and this is similar, but with a twist for sure.  Extreme conditions for sure.  It will be interesting to see how it plays out and how long these guys hang in there.

Thanks @Lou

8 hours ago, WicketMaiden said:

Yes I've watched that. It's ok, pretty interesting at times. It's mostly bushcraft and mental breakdowns caused by the extended loneliness. It's interesting to see the different strategies play out.

I tend to wait for the whole season and binge watch them. 

I binged all of the other seasons. I didn't know about the show until a few months ago. 

6 hours ago, Lou said:

I binged all of the other seasons. I didn't know about the show until a few months ago. 

Ha ha, I was pretty similar. I found it last year and binged through the lot. 

Spoiler

The season 7 Musk Ox is something else. Total badass that guy.

Anyone tried Naked and Afraid? Similar genre but the 2 contestants only get one tool each and no clothes and go for 21 days working as a couple even though they have never met before. They get bitten by 1000's of bugs, starve, and freeze if they can't make fire. It is interesting to see how quickly humans deteriorate under those conditions. No prize money, just the prestige of knowing they completed the challenge. Like Alone, the different strategies make it interesting.

It's like a 110m hurdles compared to Alone's marathon. Worth a look if you're into bushcraft, primitive skills and mental breakdowns.

@WicketMaiden, I have watched some of the early Naked and Afraid seasons.  That show is just a little too extreme.   The producers seem to always include one participant that isn't up to the challenge physically or mentally.  Also the idea of bug crawling inside areas that they shouldn't gives me the creeps.

Alone is better in my opinion.  It covers a longer time period, so we get to see the participants react to the environmental changes.  They aren't on a travel quest, so the focus is more on creating and maintaining a livable environment.  More of a Robinson Crusoe event.

55 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

@WicketMaiden, I have watched some of the early Naked and Afraid seasons.  That show is just a little too extreme.   The producers seem to always include one participant that isn't up to the challenge physically or mentally.  Also the idea of bug crawling inside areas that they shouldn't gives me the creeps.

Alone is better in my opinion.  It covers a longer time period, so we get to see the participants react to the environmental changes.  They aren't on a travel quest, so the focus is more on creating and maintaining a livable environment.  More of a Robinson Crusoe event.

@Slegnaac Try Naked and Afraid XL. It groups together successful survivalists in larger groups for 40 or 60 days, often starting with four small groups that come together later. They throw in one or two crazies looking for redemption because that's just good TV, but most of the players are seriously skilled people that you wouldn't mind being stranded with. Each season follows the entire group rather than a different and new couple each week, so it's a lot more in depth and has more in common with Alone.

Agree though, Alone is better (I think because it's a deeper dive into the challenges of the situation), but not by much against the XL. The naked, no shoes, no protection from sun and cold and bugs thing is such a big influence in that show that it makes for a unique dynamic I find interesting.