• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

On 5/25/2021 at 8:19 AM, True Grich said:

I watched the first 3 seasons. Haven't started S4 yet. "Not bad" is my opinion too. Then again, I'm talking about WhiteChapel which might be different from Whitechapple.

Tank's clearly not an English teacher.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Been watching The Boys. S1 was very entertaining, but with some sloppy writing. That airplane scene was one of the darkest things I've ever watched.

S2 has a much tighter narrative and less sloppy writing.

I hated S2. I guess it makes sense how you’d like it though since it plays on the alt right/nazi crap that leftists love so much.

Just now, failos said:

I hated S2. I guess it makes sense how you’d like it though since it plays on the alt right/nazi crap that leftists love so much.

I'm only 3 episodes in, so I haven't seen that part of it yet. Now I'm excited to finish the season!

On 1/4/2021 at 6:46 AM, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  Cobra Kai Season 3  This season, of the three, goes heavy into the movies.  A lot of flashbacks and cameos, and a lot of moving storylines.  It especially gives a backstory into the Kreese storyline.  This is a heavy dose of Karate Kid 1 and 2.  Definitely worth it if you liked the movies or previous episodes.  

Finished Brotherhood.  I think the show is very well done, but I understand why it had a short run.  I read about why it was cancelled.  The number of people who watched it dwindled over a short period of time.  The show is very dark at times.  I almost stopped watching it part way through, myself. 

Spoiler

I really wanted to see both Caffee brothers go down. Their cousin too. I think in some way, that's what made the show good... I kept watching because I wanted to see how these degenerates would move forward (knowing it was all fiction, of course). Knowing it was only 3 seasons, I knew it was going to come to a conclusion.  If I had been watching it at the time, not knowing how long it was going to run - I probably would have booted it off my list.

Had an argument last night with a coworker that criticized The Last Kingdom for not casting any people of color. I was like girl, there were no black people in Anglo Saxon England. And she kept going on and on about how the show deprived non-whites from equity (da fuq) and opportunity…

Wtf is wrong with some people..?

edit: to clarify, this is a white girl trying so hard to be woke

Edited by failos

5 hours ago, failos said:

Had an argument last night with a coworker that criticized The Last Kingdom for not casting any people of color. I was like girl, there were no black people in Anglo Saxon England. And she kept going on and on about how the show deprived non-whites from equity (da fuq) and opportunity…

You should recommend Warren Beatty's version of Reds to her.

5 hours ago, failos said:

You should ask her out.