• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

7 hours ago, WicketMaiden said:

I can recommend Time (on Amazon Prime I think). 

Gritty British prison drama, only three episodes with some excellent acting from a very good cast. Well worth the time if you'll excuse the pun and very absorbing. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13138834/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_2 

Added to my list

Finished S1 of Bosch. We both really liked it. We’re on S2E3 right now.

Bosch sounds exactly like Mike Rowe from dirty jobs. He has a very soothing voice and manner.

For you fans of Star Trek (the captain Picard years), Jeri Ryan is part of this season.

Finished The Kominsky Method. Really enjoyed it. Alan Arkin is someone I really enjoy watching onscreen. Kathleen Turner was fun in her role, too. The son in law Martin was fun and annoying at the same time. This probably wouldn’t be a show those under 40 would really connect with. 

Also finished Unforgotten as well. I really liked DCI Stuart. The whole show was well put together with the most random group of people and their dark sordid connection to each other. Excellent suggestion, @Redondo!

13 minutes ago, Tank said:

Finished The Kominsky Method. Really enjoyed it. Alan Arkin is someone I really enjoy watching onscreen. Kathleen Turner was fun in her role, too. The son in law Martin was fun and annoying at the same time. This probably wouldn’t be a show those under 40 would really connect with. 

Also finished Unforgotten as well. I really liked DCI Stuart. The whole show was well put together with the most random group of people and their dark sordid connection to each other. Excellent suggestion, @Redondo!

Glad you liked both of them

Finished Season 4 of LoD.

I'll stand by what I said before that it was a we bit over the top for me, but still thoroughly enjoyable. Just not on the level of S3 IMO.

Spoiler

At some point it stretches believability for all these characters to randomly have these unknown connections between them. It's starting to feel like every cop is corrupt and every challenge to AC12 is from organized crime in ski masks.

Netflix:  Lilyhammer  This is an old 3 season mob comedy that got the typical Netflix axe.  The gist of the story is a mob guy, that gets overlooked for promotion, almost gets whacked, dog dies, he turns informant, and requests witness protection in Lilyhammer, Norway.  They pretty much go through every mob stereotype there is.  The comedy is more subdued.  And really a lot of the story line doesn't make sense, as they just pop story elements in and out.  But somehow it works, and was a fun 3 seasons to watch.  The downside is they left so many cliffhangers after season 3, that it's unfortunate it got the axe.

Netflix:  The Ice Road  Going off of Ice Road Truckers.  It starts off kind of interesting, then takes a right off the cliff.  There was some action in it, and a lot of Liam Neeson getting mad.  Pretty much someone gave Neeson and Fishburne lots of money, and they said sure why not.  It's a pass for most people.  One of those, bored, nothing to watch, possibly drunk and high, and your other option is to watch a Dodger game.  It'll be close.