• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Finished episode 10 of The Expanse

Spoiler

The writers were building up the season end real well up to 10.

I thought it was a weak finish and Naomi being out there so long without oxygen was really pushing it.

Sad to lose Alex.

Glad to see that there will be another season.

3 hours ago, Redondo said:

Reveal hidden contents

Is the season done, so I can start binging it?

2 hours ago, Redondo said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

That really did not feel like a season ending episode.  Agree on the loss of Alex.  Perhas that will give more room for a story line on Peaches.

Netflix:  The Outpost  Based on a true story about an outpost in bum fuck Afghanistan that was fubar.  It starts off really slow, it felt like 2/3 of the movie was development.  Also I don't know if the presentation style was right in the beginning.  Picks up in the end.  IMO, the way they depict the medal of honor guys, they probably shouldn't have gotten it.  Worth the watch for a war history buff.   But for most everyone else, probably not.  

17 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Episode 5 is a stunner.  There is kind of a slow burn to this series and I like it. 

There hasn't been any throw away episodes either IMO

I think the one episode a week helps this show as well. If they threw all the episodes on at once to binge in one weekend it would kill the slow build up. 

7 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

The Lighthouse.

People say it's amazing but to me it was pretentious trash.

It's the "Look how smart I am" of movies. Both actors did a good job, though.

And yes, I'm too dumb to understand it. Don't care.

You weren't the only one...

On 11/7/2019 at 6:54 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

The Lighthouse

WTF did I just watch?

On 10/28/2019 at 4:57 PM, Taylor said:

The Lighthouse was a really weird movie (as expected). Brilliant cinematography, directing, acting, and dialogue.

On 6/3/2020 at 10:23 AM, Homebrewer said:

The Lighthouse..
Wow, what a gem. Thanks to whomever brought that up here.(cant seem to find the post now)

Da 5 Bloods

Spike Lee 'joint' about a group of black soldiers who travel back to Vietnam to recover a case of gold bars they stashed away during the war. This was a decent movie, but the flash backs to the Vietnam war, using the same old actors took me out of those scenes. There is a story worth telling somewhere in here but this film, as it was executed, didn't quite manage to find it for me.

5 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Da 5 Bloods

Spike Lee 'joint' about a group of black soldiers who travel back to Vietnam to recover a case of gold bars they stashed away during the war. This was a decent movie, but the flash backs to the Vietnam war, using the same old actors took me out of those scenes. There is a story worth telling somewhere in here but this film, as it was executed, didn't quite manage to find it for me.

It only took three in Iraq.

79883-warner_bros.jpg?itok=3HdCHf0k