• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

I thought that was actually known as Kurt Sutter mentioned it in just about every interview.

Yeah, he definitely talked about it a lot. I’d guess a lot of the audience didn’t take the time to listen to interviews and whatnot about the show though. Half (or more) of the women I know who watched it just dug Charlie Hunnam and couldn’t give a shit past that.

36 minutes ago, Don said:

Yeah, he definitely talked about it a lot. I’d guess a lot of the audience didn’t take the time to listen to interviews and whatnot about the show though. Half (or more) of the women I know who watched it just dug Charlie Hunam and couldn’t give a shit past that.

Valid point.

The people I met that actually watch the show and talk about it weren't exactly up for a Rhodes Scholarship. They don't strike me as the type to pay attention to nuance.

INCEPTION

So when this movie first came out more than a decade ago I thought it was 'ok' but time has turned this into something of a classic with many praising it as Christopher Nolan's best film. After watching Tenet a few weeks back I've had a few discussions with people who felt that I had been missing something in Inception, so I dug out the dvd and gave it another look. 

Spoiler

Now, I think all of my original criticisms still stand - there is no real antagonist, the stakes are low, the characters outside of Cobb are underdeveloped and ultimately the film's central question 'is Cobb still dreaming?' doesn't actually matter and cannot be deduced from the events presented in the film. 

Now I watched with an eye toward the popular fan theory that Cobb is still dreaming and his wife is trying to get him to wake up. I like this theory, it's clever, it adds a great potential twist to the story, but... there is nearly zero evidence to support this in the film. Is it possible? Yes, the film doesn't necessarily rule it out but it doesn't seem constructed in a way meant to lead viewers to this conclusion. Rather this theory feels more like a way for the pseudo intellectual Nolan fan boys to read a little more depth into a film that is just not there. I think this goes for a lot of Nolan's work... it's quality, it's complex and these two things can give some viewers the illusion of depth that isn't there.

Still a fun watch though.

9 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  Lupin  A French heist type movie.  Oddly, the heist part happens right away, and this series deals more with the aftermath of it.  It's one I think even Lou would like.

I might check this out and was reading up on it. I'm going down a heist movie kick. Half way through Widows and may do this movie next.

14 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  Lupin  A French heist type movie.  Oddly, the heist part happens right away, and this series deals more with the aftermath of it.  It's one I think even Lou would like.

It's a tv series. 

It was good. 

No zombies.

3 minutes ago, Tank said:

I watched the first two episodes of Wandavision.

W T H.

So far it's a throwback to a poorly written 1950s sitcom, complete with a fake laugh track. Not sure why or where they're going with it.

Spoiler

I think it is building up to a reveal.  The theories I've read that look like may be the case is that this is all going on in her head. The commercials are hints with the Stark toaster referencing the bomb her brother described in Age of Ultram and the watch had the same name of the guy that gave her her powers.